Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Six decades have passed, so it isn’t that the changes occurred overnight, but we of the papist persuasion clearly recall, perhaps more than most, when Kennedy’s Roman Catholicism was considered disqualifying by many.

I was not as thoroughly steeped in it as our man Harp. I attended the public schools but was compelled to attend catechism classes up at St. Dennis on Saturday mornings, until I was 12, when we decamped for the misty Maritime Northwest and left behind the appearances my mother maintained, mostly to appease my deceased birth father’s strictly Catholic family in Wisconsin. Her mother as well was something of a woman of faith, so among my people it wasn’t just my nuclear family who attended Catholic churches. My long-suffering aunts and uncles and cousins went through the motions, too. Filial duty is what it was, really.

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
…you finally qualify for your personal flowers and birthday card from the local vicegerent of your confession with your 75th church tax anniversary.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
…the dates with health system take 2/3 or more of your black board’s schedule for the coming quarter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner