Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Gravel bikes??

Come oooon, marketing boys, you're not reinventing mountain bikes, for real??

Damn, I'm getting too old for this crap. I recently bought a nice new standard trekking bike and I was happy, that this category still is unchanged!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
chopping board.jpeg

Am I just getting old, or has the world gone mad?

Just returned from my first session with a new personal trainer. He showed me how to use exercise bands around the thighs to work the thigh muscles. I exclaimed ..."Aha, Suzanne Sommers, Thigh Master!".... poor young fellow had no idea what I was talking about! But then all that happened before he was born! He probably had never heard of Ron Popeil and the Pocket Fisherman either.....but I didn't mention it as he was still in shock about the Thigh Master.

Gravel bikes??

Come oooon, marketing boys, you're not reinventing mountain bikes, for real??

Damn, I'm getting too old for this crap. I recently bought a nice new standard trekking bike and I was happy, that this category still is unchanged!
I am a bike geek, ride em, build em, repair em.......I owned a gravel bike for a while and they truly are a type unto themselves. I eventually sold it as I prefer my mountain bikes but it did ride and handle differently. Different feel, different geometry, different flex.

F..k, I'm damn old! :D
Last days, I listened to some of this south-korean "K-Pop" stuff.

And I very soon thought:
"Oh [Bartender Edit: let's keep it family friendly, please!] they're not really re-inventing all the stupid commercial 90s rap stuff?? JEEESUS!!

OIP.rEM91YVl8pOOOOnrurAofAAAAA

Last edited by a moderator:
A funny thing, I never used but always questioned, if this was ever useful to someone or more a marketing joke:

Hair tonic!

I mean, what should the caffeine and the other different ingredrients really effect? Do they think, this could substitute lacking testosterone on some older folks or what?
I never heared of someone really using this stuff, at least in my surroundings.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's somehow very satisfying that whenever we show some kind of Boomer-sixties-rock documentary, the audience fills up with folks with canes, walkers, hearing aids and snow white hair. "Don't trust anyone over thirty," children.
This announcement will see those folks with canes, walkers, hearing aids and snow white hair, salivating:

Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones are coming together to make new music.

The 80-year-old founding member of The Beatles recently hit the studio in Los Angeles with Mick Jagger, 79, and Keith Richards, 79, where McCartney laid down a bass track for the Rolling Stones' upcoming album, a representative for the band confirmed to the Guardian.

While Variety had previously reported that both surviving members of The Beatles, McCartney and Ringo Starr, 82, would be featured on the album, the Stones' representative told the outlet that Starr was not involved with band's new release, which has yet to be officially announced, and McCartney played bass on one song.

Edward

Bartender
Yoko Ono just turned ninety.

...and she's still being blamed for breaking up the Beatles!

This announcement will see those folks with canes, walkers, hearing aids and snow white hair, salivating:

Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones are coming together to make new music.

The 80-year-old founding member of The Beatles recently hit the studio in Los Angeles with Mick Jagger, 79, and Keith Richards, 79, where McCartney laid down a bass track for the Rolling Stones' upcoming album, a representative for the band confirmed to the Guardian.

While Variety had previously reported that both surviving members of The Beatles, McCartney and Ringo Starr, 82, would be featured on the album, the Stones' representative told the outlet that Starr was not involved with band's new release, which has yet to be officially announced, and McCartney played bass on one song.

Macca would be an interesting recruit for the Stones full time. He composed a few decent songs with the Beatles, but gifted musicians as they were, they were never close to the performers that The Stones were. At least, not after they dropped the leather and the real rock and roll of the Cavern days.... (but then I'm one of those old farts who thinks the Beatles would have been much better if Stu Sutcliffe had still been taking the lead....).

ALIEN cast:

Tom Skerrit getting 90
Veronica Cartwright getting 74
Sigourney Weaver getting 74

Yaphet Kotto would be 84
Ian Holm would be 92
Harry Dean Stanton would be 97
John Hurt dead would be 83
Bolaji Badejo (Alien) would be 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members