Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know, you life in overaging area, when...

...when in maybe fifteen years, your smalltown-exclusive FM/TV cable provider, giving you clear, trouble-free FM (and TV), will not more exist, because nearly all customers are died-off.

And the young folks? Nah, come on!
What idea they got about the pro of professional cable-reception, today?? The minority of them is watching cable-TV and nearly no one is listening to cable-FM, these days.

I'm dinosaur, shoot me! ;)

^^^^^^^
Podcasts and Bluetooth have me listening to radio hardly at all anymore. Radio was what I had on in the car. I spend less time in the car than I used to, and I find myself preferring to listen to conversations with greater depth than can be found on terrestrial radio. (Our car is satellite radio equipped, but we let the subscription lapse.)

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I usually don’t listen to anything but traffic info in my car. Radio is completely muted, just TP pops up from time to time. Rarely to my built in navigation system.

You might possibly live in an overaging area once you find colorful clothing and accessories make you appear kinda youthful…

kueche-regionen-bild-100~_v-gseapremiumxl.jpg

milandro

A-List Customer
FM is still alive here (and DAB+ has a lot of channel) but the AM has died, we no longer have, in the Netherlands, any stations.

There used to be at least one which I remember I could listen to while abroad , even in the car (albeit in the evening). I still remember commuting between Brno and Bratislava for a number of days (at night) while I was on a business trip and listening to the Dutch AM radio.

Kitchen radio Stern Radio 1421 (Made in Berlin 1974-75).

Amplifier 1 Watt, but wooden case, so excellent Mono sound! Also excellent FM-reception in my kitchen.

DAB+ just can't outclass that.

And we all pay for public radio, so they have to deliver FM.

Stern Radio 1421

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider