Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You might be an Atavist.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
If you feel "improper" if your skirt is a bit above the knee.

If you can't go a single night without setting your hair.

If you actually know how to do a fingerwave.

If you feel it's important to keep up with the latest 1930s movie gossip and actually get excited and surprised by what you find out.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:
Probably a good idea to keep the "what should the name be" posts in the other thread. This is, or was, a lighthearted fun thread, so why not keep it that way.

sorry... I did post my shoes and coats line but that got lost in the row ...:eek:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
"If you've ever cleaned out your rain gutters in a housedress..."

If I ever cleaned out my rain gutters whilst wearing a house dress, ATAVIST would not be the most descriptive term.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If "I forgot to wind the alarm clock" is a legitimate excuse for oversleeping...

I can legitimately put up my hand and say "Yes" to that one. lol

Until my alarm clock's bell-spring broke, and I switched it for a battery-powered alarm-clock (of the same, twin-bell style).

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Thats a good one.

LD

lol
Yesterday I was wearing a dress that I shortened just a touch too much and I felt really strange all day. Like I should have been on the boardwalk or something.

LizzieMaine said:
Ahhh, Gold's on pastrami is sublime.
You, my good woman, are wise beyond your years. :essen:

LizzieMaine said:
I believe (genuine true fact) empty Durkee's bottles were found scattered in the wake of the Donner Party expedition, which suggests it goes well with anything.
Well done! :eusa_clap

Wait...maybe that was a poor choice of words...moving right along...

If you call your wife "Toots" as a term of endearment.

If you use a glass soda bottle (Bubble Up, in our case) with a tin sprinkler shoved into the neck to moisten your clothes before you iron them because that's the best way to do it.

If you had your 1951 house remodeled but insisted on keeping the original brown and yellow tile, sink basin, and cabinets in the half-bath, even though they don't match anything else in the house.

Okay, so they're weak. Been up all night, and it's all I got. :(

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Zombie_61 said:
If you use a glass soda bottle (Bubble Up, in our case) with a tin sprinkler shoved into the neck to moisten your clothes before you iron them because that's the best way to do it.

Hires Root Beer here. I used to use a Coke bottle, but it doesn't hold enough water and I got tired of refilling it.

(It also comes in handy when using the electric mangle for sheets and tablecloths!)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
...if you know your own stocking size
...if your cultural references go too far back for people twice your age
...if you feel a compulsive urge to scream obscenities when you hear about someone ripping out a perfectly fine vintage kitchen or bathroom because it's just so "outdated"

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
If you've ever wanted to wrap the poker around the neck of someone who insists on stirring the coals.

If instead you decide to feed them the clinkers that they made for luncheon one day.

If you know how to bank the fire in a coal furnace for the night.

If you HAVE to bank the fire in YOUR coal furnace for the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner