Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your 2nd favourite flight jacket

coalman

New in Town
Hi everyone,

Ok you have just purchased your long awaited flight jacket and the supplier say's to you " your our 1000 th customer and would like to invite you to choose another jacket free of charge"

So what would your choice be and why:D

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi everyone,

Ok you have just purchased your long awaited flight jacket and the supplier say's to you " your our 1000 th customer and would like to invite you to choose another jacket free of charge"

So what would your choice be and why:D

Hi coalman,

Call me stupid for not choosing a Goodwear A-2, but I would go for an Aero A-2 from an Aero contract, heavy FQHH (hand picked for grain), seal brown with berry knits. I've always admired the A-2 in heavy FQHH......something that AeroUSA said they wont make. But after seeing Ollie's (Gancho) from Germany, I now know better. Always had a desire for the berry colored knits as well.

Best regards,
coffee

Coffee hit my next purchase. A2, nice HH, berry knits. I also have a thing for the Aero "Arctic B3", but it would be a bugger to keep looking good I think. And I would only be able to wear it sporadically.
Good Wear A1 might be #2 though. It's a beaut!

D

Deleted member 16736

Langlitz 47 Columbia Horsehide. A chick magnet if there ever was one.

Anders

One of the Regulars
This thing. It's a little too eccentric for everyday wear/favorite jacket, and I know I'm straying from history with those pockets and color choice, but I've eyed it with envy many times nonetheless.

A-1OG-6.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I all likelihood, some variant of the B15 from Buzz Rickson. Not my favourite variation - the briefly issued, Korea era blude B-15C as I already have a very nice Alpha Replica series of that (how I wish they would bring back that entire line) - but a green one. I'd be torn between the original, war-era B15 or B15A and the B15D. A corresponding L2/ L2A/ L2B would be nice as well, but they're always silly money for what, were it presented as only a fashion jacket, would probably justifiably sell for about GBP40 at most.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Assuming the first jacket was an A2 or something of the like, I would probably go with something a little more civvy for the free one.
Maybe a Bootlegger?
4234bd74e99bac31_Bootlegger%20hero%201%20copy.jpg

Edward

Bartender
The Bootlegger is gorgeous. I have one in cordovan with a couple of mods, most obviously the deluxe halfbelt button cuffs. Eventually planning a second with more mods.

Love the Bootlegger. My mottled brown FQHH zip sleeve arrived last spring...and the weather might actually be cool enough to wear the jacket outside on a regular basis in a few weeks. Great style. Very possibly my favorite Aero now!
HD

Edward

Bartender
HD, for me the Bootlegger was one I picked to have something 'different', but it has certainly become a favourite. While I know the timelines don't necessarily work that way, it always looks to me as if it could have been the Perfecto's grandparent... I've developed this crazy notion of two more now, one in Aero's russet goat for the Summer months.... I went for the tartan wool lining in my cordovan bootlegger, and Aero paired a thick moleskin lining in the sleeves with that. Usually at this end of the yearI can wear it September through to Novemberish, though it's had very little time out so far this year with that damned Indian Summer we've been suffering. Hence the goat notion....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner