Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Drinking Partner From The Golden Age?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It was said that Prince Yusopov and his fellow conspirators listened to a recording of Yankee Doodle on a gramophone while awaiting the arrival of their "guest of honor." I wonder which recording it was?

You are right! I looked it up and yes that's correct! :D ...." Yusupov's and his co-conspirators steadied their nerves by playing Yankee Doodle Dandee over and over again" ..... of all songs Yankee Doodle.... that's amazing! :dizzy:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Honestly he isn't an obvious choice I think, but Ray Bradbury was a screenwriter in the heyday of film making, he's writing wonderful books filled to the brim with nostalgia and I think he'd be a great guy to sit down with over a nice single malt and parlay the breeze.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There is a distinction to be made between hanging with people who are interesting and those who are fun. I look at the former to be the main course and the latter to be the desert. You know....like stopping by Tallulah Bankhead's apartment after dining with Albert Einstein.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
220px-Huston-46.jpg

I'll pick John Huston because he led an unbelievably interesting life and also because he had one of the greatest speaking voices of all time. I could listen to him for hours. This is a great photograph.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
There is a distinction to be made between hanging with people who are interesting and those who are fun. I look at the former to be the main course and the latter to be the desert. You know....like stopping by Tallulah Bankhead's apartment after dining with Albert Einstein.

Yes Tomasso of course!:D Yes!!!

would having drinks with Rasputin himself be fun enough for ya? :p

I think it'd be interesting+fun :D

but then, that's just moi :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Well, chances are he wouldn't have even looked you in the eye until you shared a fifth with him.

As Kasper Gutman once said: I distrust a man who says "when." If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does.

That they dance?

I'd rather drink with the original Rat Pack. Much as I love to hear Sinatra sing, and think Dino would be a laugh riot. I think Bogey and Co would suit my personality better.

Amen.
Let's be clear as to who was in the original rat pack:
Bacall, Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lawford, Angie Dickinson, Judy Garland, Sid Luft and "super-agent" Swifty Lazar, with a supporting cast that included Juliet Prowse, Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh, Ava Gardner and Kim Novak.
I'll take Ava Gardner or Kim Novak of Nutty MacLaine anyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points