Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Film Costumes

December

One of the Regulars
Laughing Magpie said:
0004xeqq

I pretty much love everything Ginger Rogers wears, but my favorite costume - like December's - is "Feathers" from the Cheek to Cheek number. I love so much that I made it and wore it to DragonCon last year.

Oh wow!

How on Earth did you make that? I am so so jealous!

Oh and the black and white make up worked- at first I thought the photo had been photoshopped to make you black and white!

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Laughing Magpie said:
0004xeqq

I pretty much love everything Ginger Rogers wears, but my favorite costume - like December's - is "Feathers" from the Cheek to Cheek number. I love so much that I made it and wore it to DragonCon last year.

2822850571_699dd01124_o.jpg

(My Fred and I are in makeup to make it look like we're in Black and White, by the way.)

Jen

That's great!

SayCici

Practically Family
maisie said:
I love that outfit in Casablanca, its so simple! I also like the fact she is wearing low shoes... very rare to see a leading lady in anything less than 4" killer platforms!
Ingrid Bergman was TALL - different sites put her between 5'7.5" and 5'10", though I think it's 5'9". Just about every male actor she worked with was shorter than her, so there always had to be a lot of clever maneuvering to make them look taller - sitting on books or her chair being shorter, having them stand on a box..

maisie

Practically Family
SayCici said:
Ingrid Bergman was TALL - different sites put her between 5'7.5" and 5'10", though I think it's 5'9". Just about every male actor she worked with was shorter than her, so there always had to be a lot of clever maneuvering to make them look taller - sitting on books or her chair being shorter, having them stand on a box..

Wow that interesting!
I'm around 5'10" myself and always find that i'm taller than most (even quite a few blokes!) without heels on too and thats today when everyones meant to be taller than in the past!!!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
average height of an American woman is 5'3" apparently, and the average male is 5'9" :rolleyes: this explains why I find myself almost eye-to-eye with my dates :eusa_doh:

Shirin

A-List Customer
Caity Lynn said:
average height of an American woman is 5'3" apparently, and the average male is 5'9" :rolleyes: this explains why I find myself almost eye-to-eye with my dates :eusa_doh:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm 5'8 and all happened to be about my height, except for two. You know how you can have surgery to extend the legs to make you taller? Well, I wonder if they'd do it to make you shorter!lol

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shirin said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm 5'8 and all happened to be about my height, except for two. You know how you can have surgery to extend the legs to make you taller? Well, I wonder if they'd do it to make you shorter!lol

No, no -- what you gorgeous, elegant gals really need is a tall handsome man in a fedora. Like me. I'm 6'2". But hélas, I'm married.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Caity Lynn said:
They can really extend your legs?:eek: wow...............:eek:

:eek:fftopic:

Yes, in China they do it. I understand it is really painful. I wouldn't want to do that unless my legs were really unevenly matched, but then I am 6 feet tall already.

Back on topic: I am enjoying the costumes. :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Shirin said:

Wow, do I feel small, lil' ol 5'3" me lol

Parfait

New in Town
I enjoyed Claudette Colbert’s wardrobe in Cecil B. DeMille’s Cleopatra. On a more recent note, I almost passed out at all the cloche goodness in the movie ‘Changeling’.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The costumes, hair and makeup were "simply divine" in Three Broadway Girls:

ThreeBroadwayGirls.jpg

Wasn't one of my favourite films of all time, but it's a must for the stylish 30's clothes. (Sorry about the terrible still!)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
maisie said:
Wow that interesting!
I'm around 5'10" myself and always find that i'm taller than most (even quite a few blokes!) without heels on too and thats today when everyones meant to be taller than in the past!!!

I'm proud to be 5'10" and wear my heels. I always laugh at that quote from the movie Clueless

(in regards to a thermos of coffee)
Mr. Hall: "are you sure you don't want it"
Cher: "duh, as if! It might stunt my growth, i want to be 5'10" like Cindy Crawford"

:eek:fftopic: ps. My boyfriend is only 5'8" and he loves me as a tall lady and actually wants me to wear heels more often!

BlameOnMame

New in Town
Hello! My name is Sari and this is my first post. I thought this would be a perfect topic for my first post because I am completely obsessed with movie costumes lately.
I think my favorite would have to be Madam Satan. Then again, ANYTHING Adrian did was usually amazing.

gowns_madame_satan.jpg

BlameOnMame

New in Town
Parfait said:
I enjoyed Claudette Colbert’s wardrobe in Cecil B. DeMille’s Cleopatra. On a more recent note, I almost passed out at all the cloche goodness in the movie ‘Changeling’.

Oh god, Claudette Colbert's Cleopatra wardrobe is breathtaking! They have one of the dresses on display at the Hollywood History Museum. Thank goodness it's under glass or I would probably drool on it.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I like the fact that Greta Garbo is wearing leggings in the 1931 movie "Mata-Hari" :eusa_clap how cool can you get?

"Lavish, decadent, over the top outfits .... including these gold lame leggings!"

Hey,they had the right idea way back then! :eek: ~ :D ~ ;)

3679334797_fab8eef04b_b.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
Leggings, yes! I like they fasten under her shoes and are somewhat shaped like spats. Simply Fantastic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto