Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Lillemor

One Too Many
Parkeezah (released 1972, begun filming ca.1957/lots re-shot no original shots in film released): "This Pink Palace Is Like a Tomb". While I love vintage pink rooms, especially bathrooms, I can just see myself lying down and saying something melodramatic like that.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
I thought of another exchange.
From "War Wagon" after John Wayne and Michael Douglas have just dropped two guys who decided to get the jump on them from across the street. (One ofthe guys was Bruce Dern)

Michael Douglas: "Mine fell first"
John Wayne: "Mine was taller."

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I thought of another exchange.
From "War Wagon" after John Wayne and Michael Douglas have just dropped two guys who decided to get the jump on them from across the street. (One ofthe guys was Bruce Dern)

Michael Douglas: "Mine fell first"
John Wayne: "Mine was taller."

Kirk, not Michael.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh groooooaaaaaaaannnnnn

That is pathetic.:eek:

I never was a big fan of either of them, but to mess it up.
I deserve the ridicule of all fine Fedora Loungers.

Thanks Salty.

rcfko

Familiar Face
EDDIE: Oh, and if Tom or anyone else for that matter feels like givin' them a bit of a kickin', I'm sure it won't do any harm.
SOAP: Yeah, little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, ****-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.
TOM: Soap, is there something we should know about you?
BACON: I'm not sure what's more worrying. The job or your past.

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrel (1998)

THe Conductor

One of the Regulars
Forgetting Sarah Marshal

BRIAN: Whats with up that hat .... What are you, a member of the Buena Vista Social Club?
PETER: This is a nice hat.
BRIAN: What member of the Rat Pack are you? You look like one of those guys suspected of killing JFK.

Talbot

One Too Many
Panic in the Streets 1950

"You know, my mother always told me if you look deep enough in anybody you'd always find some good, but I don't know about you."

"With apologies to your mother, that's the second mistake she made."

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Yossarian: Is Orr crazy?
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: Of course he is. He has to be crazy to keep flying after all his close calls he's had.
Yossarian: Why can't you ground him?
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: I can, but first he has to ask me.
Yossarian: That's all he's gotta do to be grounded?
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: That's all.
Yossarian: Then you can ground him?
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: No. Then I cannot ground him.
Yossarian: Aah!
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: There's a CATCH?
Yossarian: A catch?
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: Sure. Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat isn't really crazy, so I can't ground him.
Yossarian: Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. In order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy. And I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy anymore, and I have to keep flying.
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: You got it, that's Catch-22.
Yossarian: Whoo... That's some catch, that Catch-22.
Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: It's the best there is.

...love it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko