Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Harry Andrews in THE HILL (1965) Dir. Sidney Lumet.

There s the Commandant of course...the Commandant signs bits of paper!
He d sign his own death warrant if I handed it to him!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
"One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, I don't know."

Groucho Marx in Animal Crackers (1930)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
From Appointment with Danger, with Alan Ladd as a federal postal inspector:

Another postal inspector to Ladd- "You've been chasing hoodlums so long, you don't know how to treat ordinary people. Warm up, will you?"

Ladd- "Sure, I'll fall in love for you."

Postal inspector- "I don't think you could, because you don't know what a love affair is."

Ladd- "It's what goes on between a man and a 45 pistol that won't jam."

Bunny Lebowski: I'll (**** ***** ****) for a thousand dollars.
Brandt: Ah hahahahaha! Wonderful woman. We're all, we're all very fond of her. Very free-spirited.
Bunny Lebowski: Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred.
Brandt: Ah haha. That's marvelous.
The Dude: Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.

The Dude: This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
From Appointment with Danger, with Alan Ladd as a federal postal inspector:

Another postal inspector to Ladd- "You've been chasing hoodlums so long, you don't know how to treat ordinary people. Warm up, will you?"
Ladd- "Sure, I'll fall in love for you."
Postal inspector- "I don't think you could, because you don't know what a love affair is."
Ladd- "It's what goes on between a man and a 45 pistol that won't jam."
While I'm happily married to the love of my life, I have to say, he has a pretty good point! :eusa_clap

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
Fascinating thread. Very revealing as to the posters. I won't even begin to try to figure out my own. Here are mine:

From Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, the BBC production, Peter Guillam quoting Smiley back to himself:

"Reason as logic? Or reason as motive? Or reason as a way of life? They don't have to give me a reason. I can write my own damn reason." I thought that was pretty impressive for someone who'd drunk as much as you had.

From A Man for All Seasons, Sir Thomas Moore to William Roper:

Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast. Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down,…and you're just the man to do it,… do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, …for my own safety's sake!

From The Maltese Falcon, Sam Spade to Wilmer:

Six, two and even they’re selling you out, Sonny.

Feraud

Bartender
Bunny Lebowski: I'll (**** ***** ****) for a thousand dollars.
Brandt: Ah hahahahaha! Wonderful woman. We're all, we're all very fond of her. Very free-spirited.
Bunny Lebowski: Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred.
Brandt: Ah haha. That's marvelous.
The Dude: Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.

The Dude: This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
Great movie. The entire script is quotable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner