Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

cw3pa

A-List Customer
From "Jurassic Park".
Jeff Goldblum's character from the back of the jeep. " Faster. Must go faster". (also from "The Fly")
I thought the shot of the rear view mirror added a nice touch.
T-rex2_zpsea03152e.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Agatha Christie: Poirot: The Incredible Theft (1.8)" (1989)

Miss Lemon: This lady keeps telephoning, Mr. Poirot.
Hercule Poirot: Sacré. What a terrible circumstance.
Miss Lemon: There's no need to be sarcastic, Mr. Poirot. I was going on to say that I didn't put her through to you, because she wouldn't give her name.
Hercule Poirot: Ah.
Miss Lemon: I told her you don't take anonymous phone-calls.
Hercule Poirot: But I do, Miss Lemon. Sometimes I think anonymous telephone calls are the only ones worth taking.
Miss Lemon: But how will I know where to file her if I haven't got a name?
Hercule Poirot: Life first, Ms. Lemon, filing second.

:D

Jack Patch

Familiar Face
"You can't go around calling yourself a King just because some watery tart through a sword at you! Supreme executive power is granted by a mandate of the masses not some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Now if I went round proclaiming myself an emperor because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

We have found a witch may we burn her?!

Monty Pythons Holy Grail...

Inga, Werewolf
Dr. Frankenstein, Werewolf?
Igor, There wolf, there castle.

Igor, Blucher!
Horses, Whinny in fear.

Young Frankenstein.

Avie

Banned
Yea i also know 1 or two movie quotes :
From Lion movie : "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."
From Harry potter : "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."
These are memorable quotes.

Noir-Edge

New in Town
How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.

The Sheltering Sky

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
James & Hippies

In honer of James! Barnabas Collins speaking to the Hippies, I am reminded of a line from Erich Segal's 'Love Story': "Love means never having to say you're sorry." However, it is with sincere regret that I must now kill all of you.

Veronica Corningstone: This city really loves you.
Ron Burgundy: It's like having a million children seven percent of which are predominantly Asian.

...Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Here is a line that never fails to amuse me. I don't expect it to work unless you see it in context but it is funny.

In Double Wedding William Powell is looking for someone. He opens the door to Myrna Loy's office, looks inside, says "sorry" and leaves. Jesse Ralph who is facing away from the door says "who was that?". Myrna says "It must be one of the paper hangers. Sometimes they get to look like that after a while".

For some reason this always cracks me up.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Another funny line. In Twins there is a scene where Danny DeVito is loading luggage into the trunk of his Cadillac. Arnold Schwarzenegger runs up behind him yelling about something. Later as they walk away DeVito says "you scared the living shit out of me". I know it looks like nothing but when you see it, it is the funniest line in the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner