Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

basbol13

A-List Customer
1654530324528.png

Anton Chigurh: And you know what's going to happen now. You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

Carson Wells: You go to hell.

Anton Chigurh: Alright. Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

Carson Wells: Do you have any idea how crazy you are?

Anton Chigurh: You mean the nature of this conversation?

Carson Wells: I mean the nature of you.

basbol13

A-List Customer
1654539273817.png

John McCabe : Ma'am, is there something I can do for you?

Constance Miller : Do you have anythin' to eat? I'm bloody starvin'. It took six hours to get up here in that flippin' contraption.

John McCabe : Well, you'll have to forgive me, my kitchen ain't in operation yet; but, I could take you up to the restaurant up there if you're hungry enough.

Constance Miller : I'm hungry enough I could eat a bloody 'orse.

John McCabe : Well, at Sheehan's place you probably will.

Constance Miller : Ah, the frontier wit, I see.

John McCabe : Damn, out there it kinda makes you feel like a three-squirt dog in a three-mile wind.

basbol13

A-List Customer
1654540897536.png

Hansan: This is an M-1, semi-automatic, high velocity...
Soldier: Look, you're not selling it to me, you're showing me how to fire it.

Major: Thank you Sergeant.
Holley: That's P.F.C. to you major as in praying for civilian

[as Bettis is digging a foxhole]
Holley: Let's not try to reach China this time, hey Bettis?
Bettis: Well there's no sense digging if you don't go deep.
Holley: The last one we dug one together, you went so deep that when I climbed out in the morning I got the bends.

basbol13

A-List Customer
1654627953470.png

1654628061294.png

“I ain't so tough.”

“- Tom Powers: Hiding behind Ma's skirts, like always.
- Mike Powers: Better than hiding behind a machine gun.”

“You're so strong. You don't give, you take. Oh, Tommy, I could love you to death.”

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
From Lord of War:

Some of the most successful relationships are based on lies and deceit. Since that's where they usually end up anyway, it's a logical place to start.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Yuri Orlov: [Narrating] I was an equal opportunity merchant of death. I supplied everyone but the Salvation Army. I sold Israeli-model Uzis to Muslims. I sold Communist-made bullets to Fascists... I even shipped cargo to Afghanistan when they were fighting my fellow Soviets. I never sold to Osama bin Laden. Not on any moral grounds: back then, he was always bouncing checks.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Truce? What do you mean, truce, the guns are already on their way... Peace talks... All right, forget it. I'll reroute the shipment to the Balkans. When they say they're going to have a war, they keep their word!

Nacht Segler

New in Town
From the 2008 movie "The Red Baron", really stuck with me for some time after hearing it...

• Manfred von Richthofen : [to Kate] When I became a pilot, I truly thought I had see everything from up there. I saw nothing. I was blind before I met you. You opened my eyes. You thought me to see what I didn't want to see. We all choose to fly. Voss, Sternberg, Lehmann, Wolff, Hawker. On whatever side we fought, we all knew the risks we took. I wanted to be the best, I wanted to win and I thought I won. But I can see now, Kate. I have seen that we have turned the world into a damn slaughter house. And I'm already too big a part of it. They're using my photograph, to give hope where there is none. They used my name to feign immortality, whereas the reality is annihilation. You said it yourself, "The men dying out there, they have no choice." I have! I cannot order them into battle. I can perhaps leads them. Help them! Die with them. But I will not betray them, nor keep the truth from them by remaining the immortal god Berlin wants me to be. You... are my greatest victory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ