Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

From the HBO series Deadwood:

IMG_2420.jpeg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I was either too stupid or not stupid enough. I don't know which. But now I do. Walking the streets all this time, hiding in crowds, listening to the whispers...I learned something. Have you seen what they write on the walls? They're terrified, Arturo. They've got no God now. They've been emancipated from all that. All they've got now is this sad little secret faith in a drop of blood, that's been as much a part of their lives as their fathers and mothers. It's like a little lamp in their hearts that nobody knows about.

The Angel Wore Red, 1960

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
“You know, it doesn't make sense to leave home to look for home, to give up a life to find a new life, to say goodbye to friends you love just to find new friends.” — Laurie Henderson as played by Cindy Williams, American Graffiti

That roller skate waitress babe at the Drive Inn who was hooked on Ron Howard's character said something
to him the night before he was to fly off away to university. Forgot what she said. She took my breath away, but if I'd been Howard she'd have been my wife that night.

“They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fock' on their airplanes because it is obscene.” — Col Walter E Kurtz, Apocalypse Now.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Crusty old man: That would have been a bad job to take, though.

Nick: How Come?

Old man: Whoever took that shot is probably dead by now. That's how a conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll? They were dead within three hours, buried in the damn desert in unmarked graves out past Terilingua.

Nick: And you know this for a fact?

Old man: Still got the shovel.

Shooter, 2007

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Father Paul: Forgive me. It's destroying me.

Detective Thorn: What is?

Paul: The truth.

Thorn: The truth Simonson told you?

Paul: All truth.

from Soylent Green

“Big Jim claims to be a deeply religious man, maintaining that his religion is primarily whiskey and women. I saw the connection between the two - most of his relationships were on the rocks.” ― Hollow Kingdom, Kira Jane Buxton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner