Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

RBH

Bartender
- Barbarosa: Did you have bad trouble back there.
- Karl Westover: Yes, sir.
- Barbarosa: Well, the Mexicans got a saying: "What cannot be remedied must be endured".

vlcsnap-2015-01-23-23h02m16s40.png

“There's an Apache story about a man that woke up one morning and saw a hawk on the wind. Walked outside and never returned. After he died he met his wife in the spirit world. She asked him why he never came home, he said "Well, the hawk just kept flying"."

”There's always the next something, Maggie. And that will take a man away." — Samuel Jones, as played by Tommy Lee Jones, The Missing

“Why not marry?” — Mary Bee Cuddy
“Miss Cuddy, I appreciate the offer, and the supper, the concert and all. But I cannot marry you. Will not, won't. I ain't perfect, but you are too bossy. And to damn plain.” — Bob Giffin, The Homesman

“You're a strange man.” — Tabitha Hutchinson
“I expect I am. Why don't we marry?” — George Briggs
“Maybe.” — Tabitha Hutchinson, The Homesman

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Last quote & I‘ll let this drop.

“Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.”— Everett Hitch, Appaloosa

American and English, French thoroughbred graded stakes are a passion of mine. I've tried handicapping lovely
Saratoga and Colonial Downs alongside the locale track scene today, and the Arlington Million isn't quite an insoluble
yet I've seldom found such a wide open race with eleven entrants. That quip above aptly sums my scribbling.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
That quip above aptly sums my scribbling.
Yesterday the Fourstar Dave paid a handsome superfecta for which I assauged my Arlington Million ticket wound.
A complete bollocks that turf run. Reason writ money thrown to the wind no less lost for won back soon after.
The Arlington so skewered she gave a dollar bet superfecta paid put over $4,119 on her ticket. Flummoxed still this
morning. I'd normally saunter the afternoon away online looking for Del Mar exacta wagers but might go catch
a movie. Even Barbie again.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Sam, if it's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York? I bet they're asleep in New York. I bet they're asleep all over America.

Casablanca

The opening:

“Like my father, I'd been West Point, and I was good at soldiering. But soldiering didn't allow for much expansion of the soul. So after the War Between the States and a year of fighting Indians, I turned in my commission and rode away to see how much I could expand it. First time I met Virgil Cole was when I and my eight-gauge backed him up in a showdown he was having with some drunken mountain men. Virgil asked me right there on the spot if I'd care to partner up with him and his peacekeeping business. Which is why I was with him now, and why I still carry the eight-gauge. We'd been keeping the peace together for the last dozen years or so. And as we looked down on a town called Appaloosa, I had no reason to doubt we'd be doing just that for the foreseeable future.” — Everett Hitch, Appaloosa

“I've never worked (doctored) on an Indian before.” — Maggie Gilkeson

[ Sarcastically] “They have green blood and a pinecone where their heart should be.” — Samuel Jones, The Missing

“Oh I had a job waiting tables on a riverboat once, wasn’t no older than Newt there. But I had to give it up.”

“How come?” — Pea Eye

“Well I was too young & pretty and the whores wouldn’t leave me alone.” — Augustus McCrae, Lonesome Dove

“What do you think, Capitan? Didn’t I find the prodigal?” — Deets

“You found him alright. Bet it wasn’t in no church house!” — Capt Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Old lady: This ain't Santa Rio. My son Tom Turner told me this was a thriving place.

Ten Spot: It was. But when the silver run out, the thriving run out.

Outlaw Josie Wales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred