Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

“I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.” — Col Walter E Kurtz, Apocalypse Now.

These two quotes should always go together:

“Dern people making towns everywhere, it’s our fault too.”

“I’d like to see one more place that ain’t settled before I take up the rocking chair.” — Augustus McCrae, Lonesome Dove

Reminds me of the quote (probably fictional) attributed to Daniel Boone in 1788 when asked why he was leaving Kentucky:

“It’s just gettin’ too damn crowded!”

When I first read the book, then later the movie this quote really spoke to me. Tommy Lee Jones was perfect for the part. He’s talking about dreaming about his father:

“I had two dreams about him after he died. I dont remember the first one all that well but it was about meetin him in town somewheres and he give me some money and I think I lost it. But the second one it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback goin through the mountains of a night. Goin through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin. Never said nothin. He just rode on past and he had this blanket wrapped around him and he had his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. About the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin on ahead and that he was fixin to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up.” ― Ed Tom Bell, Sheriff — No Country For Old Men

Cormac McCarthy is such a great writer. Screenplays usually follow the dialogue in the book closely. Another quote that spoke to me:

“Anyway, you never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from. I was too young for one war and too old for the next one. But I seen what come out of it. You can be patriotic and still believe that some things cost more than they’re worth. Ask them Gold Star mothers what they paid and what they got for it. You always pay too much. Particularly for promises. There aint no such thing as a bargain promise.” — Ellis, No Country For Old Men

Why the USMC never rehired Al Matthews for recruitment commercials?

I mean, the Srgt. Apone role made him immortal, didn't it?

IF I would have been young, I maybe would have fallen for the recruitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari