Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourit team in FIFA 2010?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Absolutely supporting the Yanks, and have been following them for 20 years, now, since Italia '90, our first appearance since 1950. I've been paying attention to footy for longer than that.

I followed the Mexican League closely from my Summer there in 1988, through the 90s. With more TV options I've gotten away from the Mexican League. But my point in saying this is for the last 22 years or longer, I've heard the "vuvuzelas" at Mexican matches on TV and at matches involving El Tri, as well. It's not exclusive to South Africa.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
It's not exclusive to South Africa.

Although you get horns at central and south Americans matches, the vuvuzela itself is actually an African invention. It's a development of the native "kudu" horn. There was an article in a newspaper here a week or two ago describing its origin.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Today is Denmark -Japan and New Zealand - Paraguay
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap What a great day!

Three guesses who's staying up late here to watch :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Too bad for The All Whites - but they can return to NZ undefeated:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Next time chaps!

Just finished watching it Søren, bit sad, especially with Slovakia beating Italy but we've done bloody well.

I am so proud of the All Whites, for a country of only 4 million and ranked 75th odd in the world to not lose a game against Slovakia, Italy and Paraguay and to not concede more than a goal each game we did damn well.

I'm a proud Kiwi today.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Go home Denmark:(
The funny thing is, that IF New Zealand and IF Denmark had won, they should have played each other in the next match. Seeing both teams in their first 3 matches I guesse The All Whites would have won that one.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I was sad to see Denmark go out Søren, but as you say next time chaps!

And Oz is out too. That's it I'm rooting for Uruguay now.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't sad at all - I do not think they even played up to their standard in any of the games. It was embarrasing to look at.:eusa_doh:
No we can only look forward to England-Germany. Hopefully.

Chas

One Too Many
Japan had some wicked awesome shots there- painting the corners, as we say in hockey....crap. I'm impressed. The Danish defence seemed a tad porous at times. though, which can suck, if you have to watch it and it's your team. The Japanese have great speed, too. Watch out for them in a couple more world cups. Mark me words!

My pick is a Brazil/Argentina final. You read it here first.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just a couple more of the great Spitfire Ale ads...

13449_421912444928_21290394928_4202.jpg

34383_421542039928_21290394928_4195.jpg

:D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I snickered when I saw this quote from a politician, as surely if there was such a train, the tickets would have been booked by France...(who did cancel their first class charter and instead booked a -standard- charter to haul their losers back home).....there is a great business plan....chartered 'punishing planes for sports loosers, no frills service in a prison like setting'

Northern League senator Piergiorgio Stiffoni suggested cancelling the team's airline tickets. ``To come back to Italy, the team does not deserve a business- class flight. If there were a trans-African train they should come back with that.''

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It's certainly about to be all on. Hope this is a good match and England gives a better account of themselves than we've seen.

And Germany have weaknesses as we saw in the Serbia match up.

Hope it's an absolute belter of a match!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I am still amazed that football does not have a "third umpire"/"video referee".

It's bloody ridiculous for a sport of this level not to. Maybe I'm a tad biased (rugby and cricket are my favourites and both have this) but for Pete's sake if you can have a video ref in rugby and cricket why the hell can't you in football.

Well done Germany though.

But FIFA pull your bloody finger out and join the 21st century!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner