Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourit team in FIFA 2010?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine is Borussia Mönchengladbach (try to pronounce that at home…:D) cause I’ll completely boycott that rubbish in the sands.

1283px-Borussia_M%C3%B6nchengladbach_logo.svg.png

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Very exciting.
My wife just informed me that a nearby cafe’ will be showing the World Cup games “live” in their beer garden, beginning 20 Nov. And because Qatar is playing the games early in the morning, that will actually work for us here in Hawai’i.

In my family, World Cup is right up there with Eurovision Song Contest as viewing that we can all agree on.

My eldest daughter is such a Germany fan that it is hard to watch her watching a game; she gets so emotionally wrapped up in it. Go Deutschland!

Turnip

Ha, then it might be easier to watch that in a cafe, pub, bar… in Hawaii than in Germany cause many „Sky“-Bars and pubs, as well as a lot of others, here prefer to boycott that and to show an alternative program, stand up comedy, honky-tonk nights…instead. Also Weihnachtsmärkte are going to open soon, if not already done, so not too few will rather puke Bratwurst and glogg over their shoes than beer into their Wuwuzelas. :D

Last edited:
Well, Canada is in for the first time in a very long time. They are not a bad side with some actual effective strikers. They just might score a goal or two this time around.

Tiki Tom

Oh, well. It’s still the beautiful game. The Germans had an exciting exit match against Costa Rica, which they won. Now we are rooting for underdog Japan, who will also —no doubt— go down in flames. But the games are fun to watch, the upsets are amazing, and some of the pass-and-score shots are magnificent. However, I agree that the corruption and human rights abuses make FIFA look like a joke and a criminal operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ