Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourite smell

Maguire

Practically Family
Never really thought about it. The smell of gasoline is great though, as bad as it is. I am the only one i know who thinks so though.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I would have to say the smell of a home-prepared dessert baking in the kitchen, perhaps that of a pie, cake, pastry, or even cookies, is my absolute favorite.

Never really thought about it. The smell of gasoline is great though, as bad as it is. I am the only one i know who thinks so though.

As bad as it actually is for the human body, the smell itself isn't actually bad at all.

swinggal

One Too Many
- the earth when it rains on a hot day or after a dry spell...absolutely magical, especially where I grew up which is very much inland
- gunpowder or matches, weird I know
- violets
- a man who wears great aftershave and it mingles with his own personal smell

Miss sofia

One Too Many
cinammon
basil
My son's hair
cigar smoke
johnson's baby powder
my Mum (a mixture of Joy perfume and Elnett hairspray, mmmm)
Danish oil
freshly brewed espresso
leather
the smell when you open a tin of panettone at Christmas

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Maguire said:

My grandfather always smelled like gasoline mixed with Half and Half pipe tobacco -- for my money, a better scent than any cologne out there.

When I was little I liked the smell of car exhaust, and I enjoyed standing behind cars warming up in driveways breathing it in, until it was explained to me exactly why I shouldn't do this.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Freshly ground :coffee: ; new leather; sauteed onions; gasoline exhaust from an old car; a vintage Panama straw hat; bacon, steaks, MEAT!; and freshly baked bread.

Derek WC

Banned
Andykev said:
#1 - FOOD (cooking, Thanksgiving, BBQ, etc.)

#2 - Outside after first rain.

#3 - Crisp air on a crystal clear winter day

#4 - A redwood forrest

Freshly cut grass on a breezy summer day
That smell of new car/tires/gasoline/motor oil in a car repair shop
Anything on a charcoal grill
Wood smoke
That smell of long stored guns
Leather, particularly deer
Apple Pie sitting on the windowsill on a cool summers day
May sound odd, but the dairy farms of Wisconin, when ever I smell the local cannery I just think, "Smells like home"

And most of all:Glögg (Mulled, non alcohol, wine of any flavor, usually apple and red)
A particularly warm and spicy indescribable smell, a lot like Old Spice.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
latakia, islay malt, that pleasant musty smell of something that's been stored in a box for 50 or 60 years. And lavender, and good bayrum.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
freshly laundered clothes
baking bread
the pages in a new book
the pages in old books
rain on a warm day
freshly cut grass
Chanel No.5

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I have a few
I really enjoy the way it smells when there is a snow storm, it is just cool and crisp and clean smelling
Also the smell of dough when the yeast is rising
Old paper
vanilla
Oil paint
ocean air
and my boyfriends smell (I know that is odd) it is like nothing else I have tried and tried to reproduce it when he is gone and can't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner