Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your mid-life crisis

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
I am going to be 37 next Tuesday, and I know it's not yet 40, but I can see it there, off in the distance. I started dyeing my hair back to its original red last year because even though I know it's going to be very pretty all white someday, I am just not ready to go there. I would not be in my 20s again if you paid me, even though I wouldn't mind that body back! ;) I love my 30s, and hope that my 40s are going to be fun too.

Sally, you and me have to have us a chat, and I need to hear all your stories! Yes, the dirty ones too!!! lol And no, I'd never tell.

This is so funny. I've started turning gray, but actually my mom and grandmother had really cool gray hair. So, I've decided to see where it leads me, and than decide whether to dye it.

And, of course, now I match my white-haired dog.

VB

Well, I believe the subject of my av had a quote on aging:
"People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul. Worry, doubt, self-distrust, fear and despair—these are the long, long years that bow the head and turn the growing spirit back to dust. Whatever your years, there is in every being's heart the love of wonder, the undaunted challenge of events, the unfailing child-like appetite for what next, and the joy and the game of life. You are as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer and courage, so long are you young. When the wires are all down and your heart is covered with the snows of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then and then only are you grown old—and then, indeed, as the ballad says, you just fade away."

IIRC, that was said on his 75th or 80th birthday.

It's just a number, you're as young or old as you feel... (says a guy who's been smacked with a "ticking biological clock" at age 27!:eek: lol)

$ally

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
Sally, you and me have to have us a chat, and I need to hear all your stories! Yes, the dirty ones too! And no, I'd never tell.
"vwe have vways ovf making you tawk"
I'm afraid my stories are quite wholesome really. I was faithfully married for twelve years, had a few monogamous long-term relationships. zzzzzzz
I'm so pure vanilla, not imitation, but the real stuff. It's my sense of humor that throws people off. I believe you and Pink named that "dirty vanilla"

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
$ally said:
"vwe have vways ovf making you tawk"
I'm afraid my stories are quite wholesome really. I was faithfully married for twelve years, had a few monogamous long-term relationships. zzzzzzz
I'm so pure vanilla, not imitation, but the real stuff. It's my sense of humor that throws people off. I believe you and Pink named that "dirty vanilla"

Naw...I don't believe it. Don't blow my image of you NOW! lol You're just trying to throw us off track!

$ally

One Too Many
OK, I have a corral of strong young men on a stallion ranch I forgot to tell you about. Also keep a harem of hotties to fan me and feed me grapes. Don't hate me because I crisis well.
Anyway, I agree, the 30s are the best. My Mom keeps reminding me that 41 isn't old, she was my age when she had me.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
This is so funny. I've started turning gray, but actually my mom and grandmother had really cool gray hair. So, I've decided to see where it leads me, and than decide whether to dye it.

And, of course, now I match my white-haired dog.

VB

I like my silver strands of hair and plan to keep them. :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
A woman of 40 is absolutely at her peak of everything. Post a picture of your ravishing self celebrating the event!

That's right! And I just may take a pic and share it behind the scenes. :) (Ravishing? Thank you! But wait, when have you seen me?? :) )

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Crisis! What crisis?

When I turned 30 I married the first time - that was crisis!
When I turned 40 I was with a gorgeous woman - my comming wife.
At 50 we were married and had a great son. Lost my job and some s.... partners as friends - but no crisis.
At 60 - Happy as a lark. No crisis. No illness. Lots of fun, work, traveling and love.

Crisis at 40! - what crisis?
Enjoy you birthday:cheers1: Have fun.

Thank you- this is inspirational!

PrettySquareGal said:
That's right! And I just may take a pic and share it behind the scenes. :) (Ravishing? Thank you! But wait, when have you seen me?? :) )
Well, you did IIRC have a photo of yourself as your av for a while... besides, it's kind of us guys' nature to assume the best of you ladies unless and/or until proven beyond doubt otherwise.;)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Well, you did IIRC have a photo of yourself as your av for a while... besides, it's kind of us guys' nature to assume the best of you ladies unless and/or until proven beyond doubt otherwise.;)

Oh yeah, my 1950's housewife pose pic. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs