Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

wowandflutter

New in Town
i like to drink a mary pickford.
most bartenders give a blank stare when
i ask for it though :

- 1 oz Light Rum
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 sp Maraschino Liqueur
- 1/2 tsp Grenadine
- Garnish: Cherry
- Glassware: Cocktail Glass

Shake all the ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with cherry.

its quite good & i'm pretty sure it has been around since the 30s, when she was still popular.

DaveTheDude

Suspended
My favorite current cocktail is the Vodka Sunrise.

3 parts Vodka
6 parts Orange juice
1 part Grenadine

I like the way it looks after it has been poured into a glass.
The grenadine and orange solids settle, creating variations in colors that mimic a sunrise.
I've discovered that the ladies are also quite fascinated with this eye-catching cocktail.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Straight from the VINTAGE Cocktail Bible

Folks,

Timothy Stookey, San Francisco's Bishop of Booze (http://www.timstookey.com) a couple of years ago brought out what we consider THE vintage cocktail bible. It's called "Bottom's Up" by Ted Saucier. In it is my favorite cocktail recipe is for a drink called "The Mocambo". It's really a rather nice concoction made of:

- 1 jigger White Rum
- 1 jigger Gin
- 1 jigger Pineapple Juice

Served Up. It's WONDERFUL. But you have to get just the right amounts so that you notice neither the white rum or the gin and all you taste is pineapple juice.

Try it sometime, you'll like it.

FG.

Starius

Practically Family
Old Mr. Boston De Luxe Official Bartender's Guide

Admittedly, I'm not much of a consumer of alcoholic beverages currently. In fact, I've only let myself drink 2 beers since I found out my mother had esophageal cancer last September (but she is doing very well now). I had one on Jan 1st and another just the other day on July 4th. Though, I do have a weakness for Tawny Port wines.....

That being said, I do have a 1948 7th printing of the Old Mr. Boston De Luxe Official Bartender's Guide sitting next to me here. And barring any objections, I'll post one of hundreds of cocktail recipes here each day from the book. (Obviously, you will probably have to substitute the Mr. Boston products.) I don't know how common these featured drinks are anymore, so perhaps many of you can enlighten me on that. Also, if you happen to try one, let me know how you liked it or not.

And Mr. Boston's drink of the day is....

Derby Fizz

Juice 1/2 Lemon
1 Teaspoon Powdered Sugar
1 Egg
2 oz. Scotch Whiskey
1 Teaspoon Oil Mr. Boston Curacao

Shake well with cracked Ice and strain into 8 oz. Highball glass. Fill with carbonated water.

Starius

Practically Family
Old Mr. Boston's Cocktail of the Day

Mayfair Cocktail

1/2 oz. Old Mr. Boston Apricot Flavored Brandy
1/2 oz. Orange Juice
1 oz. Old Mr. Boston Dry Gin
1/4 Teaspoon Clove Syrup

Shake well with cracked Ice and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass.​

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Silk Panty

Lady Day said:
In celebration of the new subtitle change for this forum, Id like to know if y'all out there have a cocktail that you JUST have to start your night with. A regular, if you will. Did you make it up? Does your bar know your favorite swig?

Do tell.

LD

3p Vodka
2p Peach Schnappes
(Dash of Chambord for color makes it a Pink Silk Panty)

Shake liberally with ice (the harder and longer you shake it the more ice crystals will be left in the drink). Serve in a martini glass -- not a shooter. Make sure pillows are scattered around on floor to prevent further brain damage when you fall. ;)

Starius

Practically Family

Weep No More Cocktail

Juice 1/2 Lime
3/4 oz. Dubonnet
3/4 oz. Old Mr. Boston California Brandy
1/4 Teaspoon Maraschino

Shake well with cracked Ice and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass.​

Starius

Practically Family

Beauty Spot Cocktail

1 Teaspoon Orange Juice
1/2 oz. Italian Vermouth
1/2 oz. French Vermouth
1 oz. Old Mr. Boston Dry Gin

Shake well with cracked Ice and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass, with a Dash of Grenadine in bottom of glass.​

Starius

Practically Family

Bombay Punch

Juice of 1 Dozen Lemons
Add enough Powdered Sugar to Sweeten
Place large block of ice in Punch Bowl and stir.
Then add;
1 qt. Old Mr. Boston California Brandy
1 qt. Sherry Wine
1/4 pt. Maraschino
1/4 pt. Old Mr. Boston Curacao
4 qts. Champagne
2 qts. Carbonated Water

Some prefer to add the strained contents of a Pot of Tea. Stir well and decorate with fruits in season. Serve in 4 oz. Punch glasses.​

Starius

Practically Family

Tailspin Cocktail

3/4 oz. Old Mr. Boston Dry Gin
3/4 oz. Italian Vermouth
3/4 oz. Green Chartreuse
1 Dash Orange Bitters

Stir well with cracked Ice and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass. Twist of Lemon Peel on top and serve with Cherry or Olive.​

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I don't drink much, but I like Amaretto Sours. Esp. since being on Weight Watchers I watch the drinks.. but just found a sugar free sweet and sour mix that is great!

My husband drinks Tuaca on the rocks.. it's good too. There are some great recipes at www.tuaca.com

Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen