Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Has anyone here visted the Liquid Muse web site? This summer I celebrate my fourtieth birthday. We are having a rather large party and, for the event I have begun the Q&A / interview process for Liquid Muse to create my "Signature Cocktail." When I noticed this service on the web site I just had to give it a try. I have been actively experimenting with the recipes from the 1949 Esquire Handbook for Hosts looking for new drinks. When other members of our club started ordering their drinks using my name/my friends name, "the way Mr. X likes it" or, "the way Mr. Y" likes it, I felt like it might be time to explore.

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
"Doc" Devereux has gotten me addicted to White Ladies..

Still adjusting the proportions a bit...but oh yum.....and deadly.

Gin, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice
As good as this drink sounds, I would feel silly ordering it in public. [huh] ;)
I am going to make one at home tonight.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
AARRGGHH!! the video only played for up until he put the ice in the shaker. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to work.... Guess I'll wing it! :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
woodyinnyc said:
AARRGGHH!! the video only played for up until he put the ice in the shaker. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to work.... Guess I'll wing it! :)

oh no....tragedy...most of his are pretty much...put the ingredients in...shake...strain pour...

For a White Lady he uses equal amounts of lemon juice, gin and cointreau.

For the Blue Lady he used Blue Curacao instead of the cointreau.

For the Pink Lady he made a white lady, and added a dash of grenadine.

hope that helps.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
woodyinnyc said:
Thanks for that! Just watched the video for caipharinia's (sp) Gonna have that tonight!

Terribly addicting to watch isn't it?...even though he uses metric measurements...you can usually at least get the ratios of what he uses...

I now know how to make more cocktails then I ever did before! lol

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
Corpse Reviver Number 2 - a drink popular in the 1920s. Cointreau, Gin, Lille Blanc, lemon juice, and just a few drops of Pastis.

Orange in the Cointreau, Juniper in the Gin, grapes in the Lille Blanc, lemons, and licorice - it's virtually an herbal remedy for what ails you.

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
After taking a break from the Lounge for just over a month (not my choice- three jobs is just too much sometimes!) I found yet another reason why I love you guys... the fact that so many here love gin!! Bombay Sapphire is my gin of choice, I prefer it to Tanqueray which tastes a bit sweeter to me. And a good dry martini with just a breath of vermouth is my idea of cocktail heaven. Shaken of course.

I tend to be of the mentality or opinion that a martini really should be just a gin...maaaaybe even a vodka drink. Period. All of the other bastardized versions just don't hack it with me. Too sweet and I dunno... just not right! lol Although sadly I have strayed even from my own opinions. While is Glacier National Park at the Snowgoose Grill they have a signature drink called the Huckleberry Martini. Of course because I'll try anything once I ordered one up. I wished I could have seen the bartender mix it because it was AMAZING! Strong but veeeerrrry smooth. I've never been able to find out what was in it. And of course with 20/20 hind sight I didn't think about inquiring as of the ingredients until I was back at home in Northeast Ohio. :( If anyone happens to travel to Glacier soon find out and I will forever be in you debt! (I didn't say I'd pay off your debt though! lol )

Hmmm... aside from that I'll occasionally partake of a gimlet, the drink that jump started my affinity for gin, or just a good rye- neat. Never had rye until last year then my dad introduced me to it. I must say that as a tart alternative mix it with a ounce or two of unsweetened grapefruit juice. Good stuff.

At any rate, I'll raise a dry martini in all of your honor this evening!

-Scuffy

Scuffy said:
After taking a break from the Lounge for just over a month (not my choice- three jobs is just too much sometimes!) I found yet another reason why I love you guys... the fact that so many here love gin!! Bombay Sapphire is my gin of choice, I prefer it to Tanqueray which tastes a bit sweeter to me. And a good dry martini with just a breath of vermouth is my idea of cocktail heaven. Shaken of course.

I tend to be of the mentality or opinion that a martini really should be just a gin...maaaaybe even a vodka drink. Period. All of the other bastardized versions just don't hack it with me. Too sweet and I dunno... just not right! lol Although sadly I have strayed even from my own opinions. While is Glacier National Park at the Snowgoose Grill they have a signature drink called the Huckleberry Martini. Of course because I'll try anything once I ordered one up. I wished I could have seen the bartender mix it because it was AMAZING! Strong but veeeerrrry smooth. I've never been able to find out what was in it. And of course with 20/20 hind sight I didn't think about inquiring as of the ingredients until I was back at home in Northeast Ohio. :( If anyone happens to travel to Glacier soon find out and I will forever be in you debt! (I didn't say I'd pay off your debt though! lol )

Hmmm... aside from that I'll occasionally partake of a gimlet, the drink that jump started my affinity for gin, or just a good rye- neat. Never had rye until last year then my dad introduced me to it. I must say that as a tart alternative mix it with a ounce or two of unsweetened grapefruit juice. Good stuff.

At any rate, I'll raise a dry martini in all of your honor this evening!

-Scuffy

Welcome back Scuffy. Sounds like you make your Martinis the way I do. I just stir them instead. :cheers1:

Regards,

J

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Mine would have to be a vodka martini extra dirty with a hint of dry vermouth and 3 olives. Shaken of course.
I tought my wife how to make them and I think she actually makes them bettr than I do. Maybe it's just the fact that she made it for me. ;)

Erick

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I would have to say my favorite mixed drink would be Smooth Sailin'. It has Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Peach Schnapps, and a little Soda in it. Though not cheap, it's been the most expensive drink I've ever had so far at $6, but worth every penny.

I hope to have plenty more in the future...:rolleyes:

Prien

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Hello and my favorite drinks.

Just wanted to give everyone a friendly "hello" in my first post, now on to more important things... drinks.

Drinks that are good for any day of the week Maker's Mark Manhattan straight up, Sidecar, or Presbyterian.

For these hot summer months though I prefer Zombies. If you want to go for some fun with a hint of childhood memories a Slurpee mixed with any alcohol you feel right for the flavor of the Slurpee hits the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn