Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

Nic Charles

Familiar Face
Gallo Vermouth

jamespowers said:
Now you are talking my kind of drinks. I usually use Martini and Rossi vermouth but that small spray bottle really helps make the drink. Two or three sprays is about all it takes. I stir mine though---don't want to bruise the gin. :p
Jameson works for me too in a pinch. Neat. :D

James, I used Martini & Rossi for years until I discovered gallo recently. I can really tell the difference...much smoother and doesn't overpower the gin.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Senator Jack said:
What book did you get THAT recipe from, Reno?

I noticed a big photo sugar-rimmed sidecar in a magazine I got last weekend. The classic version says "serve in a cocktail glass." The "Tuaca Sidecar" uses orange juice, lime juice, triple sec, Tuaca, a flamed orange peel and is served "in a sugar-rimmed martini glass."

Rafter

Suspended
Did you know that the classic 60's cocktail, the "Harvey Wallbanger" is named after a surfer who drank so much, he’d bump into the walls.

1 1/2 oz. Vodka
4 oz. Orange Juice
Float of Galliano
Pour vodka and orange juice together in a highball glass and float a little Galliano on top.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Rafter said:
Did you know that the classic 60's cocktail, the "Harvey Wallbanger" is named after a surfer who drank so much, he’d bump into the walls.

1 1/2 oz. Vodka
4 oz. Orange Juice
Float of Galliano
Pour vodka and orange juice together in a highball glass and float a little Galliano on top.

Wow. I have not heard that drink mentioned in decades. Yes, it was very popular at one time.

M8

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of signature cocktails - none overly flowery nor overdressed with umbrellas or served in funny fruit, but all fairly lethal ;)

- The Bentley Cocktail - simple, wonderful, delicious and potent

- The Pimms Turbo - just the thing for a hot summer's day - a gin and tonic on steroids.

- The good old Pink Gin - sadly a bit forgotten now, but a great drop - also seems to always impress the ladies!

That was one of the lines that bothered me in Some Like It Hot. Sugar Kane says something to effect of 'I have some Bourbon. We can make Manhattans.' Evidently, bourbon had replaced rye by the time of Hot's release and Wilder/Diamond didn't bother to research.

For the record, the other lines that bother me were the weak jokes about the stock market crash and the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn. I hate crap like that and Wilder did it in a few of his pictures. Otherwise, a great movie.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
anything with gin in is my signature cocktail.

I like the way you always end your posts with 'Regards', Senator Jack. You're so polite and gentlemanly.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
I don't know if it is a proper "cocktail" but I do enjoy Johnny Walker Black with Coca-Cola on ice in the winter, and Johnny Walker Red with Coca-Cola on ice in the summer.

Tasty tasty and always satisfying...

Yours in jest,

dv

Let's not forget "the LAWNMOWER" - wheat grass juice and vodka - courtesy of Homer J. Simpson

Nic Charles

Familiar Face
Horror Story

Nic Charles said:
I use ONLY Tanqueray gin, with three drops of ONLY Gallo Vermouth, and two olives (Vermouth in a small spray bottle also works well), add ice, shake and pour into a vintage glass. This is always a challenge when going to a club, restraunt or bar. I usually find myself showing the bartender how to make it. It saves me from having to send it back three or four times.

I have to share this story. My wife and I went out to dinner with some friends and we all ordered martinis. My wife told the waitress, "VERY dry martinis with three drops of vermouth", and to emphasize, I added, "Dry vermouth, and three drops means three drops." She returned with martinis that appeared to be Manhattans. My wife told her that she appeared to have gotten our order mixed up with someone elses. The waitress replied, "No, these are three dry martinis." My wife insisted that the drinks were wrong (we were'nt about to even taste them), when the waitress announced, "No, I had the bartender make them just like you said, three drrops of BITTERS in each one". At that point, we went to the bar and watched the bartender make the drinks. Its pretty sad when waitresses and bartenders don't know what a martini even is! I can't imagine what gin and bitters even tastes like!:eek:

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Starboard Light

It's my fave cocktail and I got it from an old book of coctail recipies from the 50's.

All you need is...

One shot of gin
One shot of Creme de menth
and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.

Shake it with ice in your cocktail shaker and....

Voila!

A Starboard Light!:D (it really does glow green!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo