Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

Nic Charles said:
I have to share this story. My wife and I went out to dinner with some friends and we all ordered martinis. My wife told the waitress, "VERY dry martinis with three drops of vermouth", and to emphasize, I added, "Dry vermouth, and three drops means three drops." She returned with martinis that appeared to be Manhattans. My wife told her that she appeared to have gotten our order mixed up with someone elses. The waitress replied, "No, these are three dry martinis." My wife insisted that the drinks were wrong (we were'nt about to even taste them), when the waitress announced, "No, I had the bartender make them just like you said, three drrops of BITTERS in each one". At that point, we went to the bar and watched the bartender make the drinks. Its pretty sad when waitresses and bartenders don't know what a martini even is! I can't imagine what gin and bitters even tastes like!:eek:

Holy Crimony! That is an exceptionally ignorant waitress. :eusa_doh: :D

Regards,

J

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Marc,

RC is fine with either Johhy Black or Johnny red :D , I mainly like the caramelly flavor mixed with the scotch, however Coke has that nice citrus-y afterkick that RC and Pepsi don't.

Miss Neecerie,

watch out for those drinks mixed with diet sodas, I read a study that says you get drunker quicker because the sugar in regular sodas slows the absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream. Then again, that might just be what you're looking for...;)

dv

Hondo

One Too Many
Nic Charles said:
I have to share this story. My wife and I went out to dinner with some friends and we all ordered martinis. My wife told the waitress, "VERY dry martinis with three drops of vermouth", and to emphasize, I added, "Dry vermouth, and three drops means three drops." She returned with martinis that appeared to be Manhattans. My wife told her that she appeared to have gotten our order mixed up with someone elses. The waitress replied, "No, these are three dry martinis." My wife insisted that the drinks were wrong (we were'nt about to even taste them), when the waitress announced, "No, I had the bartender make them just like you said, three drrops of BITTERS in each one". At that point, we went to the bar and watched the bartender make the drinks. Its pretty sad when waitresses and bartenders don't know what a martini even is! I can't imagine what gin and bitters even tastes like!:eek:

I'd never go back to that place, yeah sad :mad:

Depending on my mood, Jim Beam, Bourbon and Coca-Cola, NO Pepsi!!!

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Bombay Sapphire Gimblet.... in Bombay of course, not here... yet

also Absinthe... like a true child of La Belle Epoque..

and my favorite to make (im a bartender)
pineapple mojitos..

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Miss Huff,

Im still looking for a warm drink. :)

As a Tender' yourself, maybe you can help.

LD

I still think nothing beats a hot toddy. I find them extremely comforting when i have the chills, and better than all the sleep aides going.And if you aren't ready for sleep, you can always sneak a dram of whisky into your coffee.;) THAT's hot n yummy !

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Summer is fast approaching in NYC and my signature cocktail of this summer is the Tom Collins. So refreshing, it's like lemonade with a kick!

Feraud

Bartender
I do not yet have a signature cocktail but am working on it.
After a very long day with the family I am happily typing and sipping a sidecar. Ahhh....:cheers1:

Marty M.

Vendor
I'm a Dud in the drinking arena.

I've never liked the taste of booze. So at home I'm an Ovaltine guy. Out and about I'll have Tonic with a Lime wedge. Boring drinks for a guy who wears a suit 24 hours a day. Sorry, I'm a Dud.
Marty

Mike K.

One Too Many
I'm known for my Pirate's Painkiller

secret recipe of different tropical juices blended with rum
just one glass is all you need...of course it's too tasty to just have one

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanessa Anne said:
It's my fave cocktail and I got it from an old book of coctail recipies from the 50's.

All you need is...

One shot of gin
One shot of Creme de menth
and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.

Shake it with ice in your cocktail shaker and....

Voila!

A Starboard Light!:D (it really does glow green!)
I specifically just purchased a bottle of Creme de Menthe from the PX so I could make this cocktail. At $7.75 for a huge bottle, not slaes tax, it is worth the experiment to see a glowing green drink.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike K. said:
I'm known for my Pirate's Painkiller

secret recipe of different tropical juices blended with rum
just one glass is all you need...of course it's too tasty to just have one

Well, I know the Pusser's painkiller, and how I do love them. Is yours REALLY any different? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo