Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Signature Dish

rumblefish

One Too Many
Cod & Clams

One of mine that found it's way to two magazines. It's at this website but they've confused the method with a different recipe. It's not hard to figure out how it goes together.

http://www.penzeysone.com/cgi-bin/one/chris2.html?id=6wvJtypq

Spring- Mussel Soup with saffron.
Summer- Lobster Ceviche orange and candied vanilla bean
Fall- Rabbit or Game Bird Cacciatore (no tomato; with oyster mushroom and fennel tops my gandpa's recipe)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Cookie baking is my specialty. In particular, I make a really good Scottish Shortbread. Complete strangers always come up to me and rave about them when I bring them to parties or events. The last time I made them, a man asked me if I would sell him a batch. There is perfection in the simplicity of the ingredients, so you have to use only the freshest and best tasting ingredients. The secret is no cutting corners and buying off brands, buy only the best and don't use old butter that's been sitting in your fridge. You can taste the difference immediately because there are so few ingredients used.

That and I make a mean meatloaf - my secret ingredient is bacon.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh yes - I've just discovered the wonders of baking brownies from scratch. It never even occurred to me. Now that I've done it, I will never EVER go back to the mix. If you bake regularly you have all the ingredients anyway except maybe the unsweetened cocoa, and every store has that.

LordBest

Practically Family
Chicken Marengo

I make a rather fine Chicken Marengo, in the more appropriate rustic style. I am also working on refining my devilled kidneys.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
I bake bread(posted a pic in the other food thread), make a decent marinara(usually meatless), but my signature would be my made from scratch buttermilk pancakes and waffles.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
I'm trying to perfect home-made Garibaldis at the moment, not bad but they need a little something more.

I've found myself making a lot of Hunter Chicken Recently but I would like to get a better recipe for BBQ sauce, any suggestions?

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Berry Cobbler. I'm usually much more for cooking dinners than desserts, but this is my go-to for an impressive addition to a pot-luck or family holiday. It's gotten me the best cooking compliment of my life: a woman around my grandmother's age came up and said "oh, honey, i'm diabetic, so i can't have more than a bite, but that looks so good i just have to" and then she told me it tasted just like her grandmother's cobbler. Very exciting.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Whenever there's a family event, I get asked to bring the Oatmeal bread. It's made using my great grandma's recipe, and it is also my favorite bread in the world, so I have gotten really good at baking it because I used to bake some every week or so.

Now if only I could reverse my mother and sister's diagnosis of gluten intolerance so I'd have a better excuse to make it as often as possible.

Geesie

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Macaroni and cheese. So good you don't ever need to eat anything else.

Mine too. It's easy to do and I can do it from memory now. The best part is making it for people who have only had that liquid rubber sold in Kraft boxes.

rumblefish

One Too Many
bburtner@moran said:
12- Cotuit oysters,milk,half and half,white pepper,butter.Thats it NO onions or spuds!!!

This exact recipe was my dad's favorite for cooked oysters- With the Blue Points we would collect.:)

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I make a mean chicken tetrazini, chicken tikka masala and a better than average traditional turkey dinner for Christmas and Thanksgiving...

Can one have three signatures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran