Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Signature Dish

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
worthlesswithoutpics
Well that's easily fixed
Kangaroo and couscous
P1000808.jpg

Tofu & mushrooms
P1000830.jpg

This is my husbands effort - deep dish pizza (I prefer thin crust, but this is very nice)
P1000709.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Way to go, Lolly!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
Duck and Sausage Gumbo (If I've got the duck otherwise I substitute)
Red Beans and Rice
Chili - Not a purest though- I use some beans too.
Brown Beans

Basically if it involves a large pot- I'll cook it. I've always liked feeding armies of people. And I like the leftovers! Next time I start cooking I'll have to whip out the camera.

The weather has been fall like here for the last couple days, making me want to start cooking these hearty dishes!

CH

ClothesHorse said:
Basically if it involves a large pot- I'll cook it. I've always liked feeding armies of people. And I like the leftovers! CH

Same here, I can't happily make a small portion of spaghetti sauce or chilli, I have to get out the big pot! Although it goes better with colder weather.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
When entertaining my two signature dishes are boeuf bourguignon made with game meat, either venaison or bear (my ours bourguignon). Or venison tenderlion medalions with a sauce à l'échalote.

Chasseur said:
When entertaining my two signature dishes are boeuf bourguignon made with game meat, either venaison or bear (my ours bourguignon). Or venison tenderlion medalions with a sauce à l'échalote.

My brother still speaks about a game dinner he attended where they served a venison sauerbratten (SP) that was extraordinary.

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
I do a nice Beef Wellington, though I say so myself.
Macaroni cheese.
Yorkshire puddings
But I think that the thing that I am absolutely best at is fruit cake! The kind I make is more commonly known as a 'boiled fruit cake' where I pre boil the dried fruit before it goes into the mix and therefore the cake is very moist. At Christmas I have an order list for them as long as my arm from family, my other half's family and our friends but I think that my biggest customer is my 95 year old grandfather-in-law who can demolish a large cake in 10 seconds flat! Also, when we go and stay with friends I tend to make a fruit cake for them as a thankyou present.

olive bleu

One Too Many
as for my specialties...

i make great Jamaican Beef patties, & rice and peas, or how about
Shrimp Santorini ?...a dish of shrimp, feta, peppers and ouzo:

Shrimp20Santorini.jpg
[/IMG]

or Tourtiere? ,,a traditonal meat pie from Quebec

95_recipes.jpg
[/IMG]

and for Dessert, i'm the queen of Lemon meringue Pie ( with mile high meringue)..or for special occasions, a Cassata Cake ( Italian cake filled with ricotta cheese, dried fruit peel, and chocolate)

40641967_JaeTb-M.jpg
[/IMG]

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
as for my specialties....or Tourtiere? ,,a traditonal meat pie from Quebec

95_recipes.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah! Tourtiere! not to mention Tarte au Sucre! Such a seemingly simple, but wonderful dish. I don't suppose you'd care to favor us with your recipes?

"Skeet"

olive bleu

One Too Many
Ah! Tourtiere! not to mention Tarte au Sucre! Such a seemingly simple, but wonderful dish. I don't suppose you'd care to favor us with your recipes?

"Skeet"

certainly. I'll dig them out when i go home tonight:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21