Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zoinks, shipping damage, now what?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
" I got that exact same hat abt 3 weeks ago. Wrinkles/crinkles/creases, all over the bash and rebash "
Bob Roberts.

Some dealers are too stupid to "get it"; they would seemingly rather give it to their customers.

Regards,
J T

It was my 2nd Camp Draft. The first was a silverbelly. A simple center crease with moderate soft pinches. Wanted to try a telescope bash on the 2nd which was more difficult. Both hats were dry bashed then followed with various amounts of steam and then mist saturation. Mine were shipped and recieved fine but both were really stiff. The first (silverbelly) more so than the 2nd a Bluegrass. They do want to wrinkle/crease/crinkle very readily on the crown but not on the pinches. Just my personal experience.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
They do want to wrinkle/crease/crinkle very readily on the crown but not on the pinches. Just my personal experience.

Mine as well. Both the Fed IV and Camp Deluxe behaved in precisely this same fashion. In the end, I learned to live with the mild crinkling...sort of matches the man underneath the hat. :cool:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Mine as well. Both the Fed IV and Camp Deluxe behaved in precisely this same fashion. In the end, I learned to live with the mild crinkling...sort of matches the man underneath the hat. :cool:

Dont need anymore wrinkles at my age. Thanx for that info. I Was thinking abt the Delux Fed and hoped it would b an easier/smoother job but I guess not. It won't keep me from the hat but I'll stick to a modified indy bash.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I caught the fever and took advantage of the favorable US dollar. I ordered 2. One in Moonstone and one in Dark brown. Mine look worse than yours! The boxes looked like they were handled by gorillas. I am not chancing having the same thing happen again, so I'll live with it. The hats I got from Everything Australian arrived in better shape but were packaged similarly. I guess you need wood crates and internal air bags for the brim to lie o when shipping overseas.

I am due a trip to Buckaroo Hatters soon and will see what Mike and Rocky can do with the crushed fur. I gave it an amateur try and it looks like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ