Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zoot Suits?

DamianM

Vendor
look at these extreme drape models
No pleats or cuffs allowed due to the war

m9h8.jpg

oew8.jpg

Apache Jo

New in Town
Zoot suit - in Jocks&Nerds Magazine- summer 2014

What a great thread guys! I've just joined the FL and thought I should share this- Hope you find it interesting.

Last summer, There was a feature in Jocks&Nerds magazine about Zoot suits, that i was involved in. Written by Chris Sullivan (lead singer of 80ts band - Blue Rondo à la Turk) - Chris Asked me, and two other friends to model for the shoot- the suits we are wearing were originally worn by Chris during the Blue Rondo A la turk days. 40ts Zoot suit reproductions made in the 80ts!

ScreenShot2014-12-17at141816.png

The long chains provided by the sharp dresser Christos (who was also in Blue Rondo A la Turk)

ScreenShot2014-12-17at141824.png

Here's Christos and myself-

ScreenShot2014-12-17at141832.png

Chris told me, he had the suit made by a Local Tailor in North London. I'm hoping to get a tailor to copy the suit when i get the cash! - but more Zazou looking! :cool:

ScreenShot2014-12-17at141841.png

Here's a link to the digital version of the issue if your interested to read more!-
http://issuu.com/jocksandnerds/docs/jn11_master__pages_ver1

Edward

Bartender
North London? Rocachas are well known for their zoots, but they're based in South Kensington afaik. Still North of the River for anyone with that South London chip on the shoulder, but not what I'd immediately think of as "North London". Is there a new big player on the zoot-making scene? I love a zoot suit, though it's not the highest priority given it's not something I could really wear to the office. I'll get one eventually, though...... and have a huge sign in the breast-lining which reads: "I AM NOT A $%^&ING LINDY HOPPER, THANK-YOU". :lol:

Apache Jo

New in Town
I'll have to ask the writer about that ! Not sure if the tailor is still around, since he had that made in the early 80ts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Not sure if the tailor is still around, since he had that made in the early 80ts.
Rob is still very much around, his work is my guilty pleasure. The zoot suit that he made for me is the only one in my wardrobe that can upstage my car. I love it. The suit, and the car:

Edward

Bartender
Rob is still very much around, his work is my guilty pleasure. The zoot suit that he made for me is the only one in my wardrobe that can upstage my car. I love it. The suit, and the car:

Nice on both counts! Any more info on the tailor?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Tell us more about that outstanding vehicle! Definitely flash enough to go with a zoot suit.
Go to; Adrian Lambert Photography. Click on the MG. It should then ask you for a password. Enter: ringmg1 The whole page, of about 30 or so shots, were taken for a profile of the car. The car does Weddings/ Film work/ Promotional advertising. Adrian is familiar with my wardrobe, wearing the zoot was his suggestion.

Nice on both counts! Any more info on the tailor?

It's one of Rob Crossley's Edward, he of Rocacha, as you previously quoted.

North London? Rocachas are well known for their zoots, but they're based in South Kensington afaik. Still North of the River for anyone with that South London chip on the shoulder, but not what I'd immediately think of as "North London".

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Tell us more about that outstanding vehicle
You might like this promotional shot: The model was photographed as she is today, and then as she dreamed about how she would have been in her great granny's day. (I think.)

Jessica on the Quay 4.jpg

Edward, you and me both. My incentive to lose weight is to try to prevent hip replacement surgery.

TonyL

New in Town
So... Have any actual originals surfaced over the last few years? I saw the Ebay auction from 2011 and the other NY auction suit but haven't seen much since then.

Just curious... I imagine the demand would be lower due to the flood of poorly made, cheesy reproductions since the 90s.

T

Last edited:

TonyL

New in Town
Reason being I received something remarkably similar to the suit in this picture...

zoot%20live.gif

...complete with pistol back pockets and extremely pegged pants. It's button fly and grosgrain lined so the era is correct. I'll try and post pics later on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points