Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$1000.00 Montecristi for a Ten Dollar Bill

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Well, it will happen for one lucky person. We are proud to announce the following. We hope that everyone will pitch in and do what they can to make a difference in these children's lives. Not to mention a chance of a lifetime to get a super hat for an unheard of price.

Montecristi hat raffle to benefit Each Child Matters, Inc..

Steering Committee Members : (Bud Smith, Roger Lewis, Robert Weber, Art Fawcett)

In an effort to provide aid to the children of Ecuadorian weavers, we offer this plan to raffle off the work of the parents to benefit the children.
The plan is as follows:
1) This is a nonprofit endeavor and no one will receive monetary benefit from being involved.
2) Neither members of the organizing committee nor their immediate family will be allowed to purchase a raffle chance.
3) The proposal is for 1 Custom Montecristi hat
A) The blank to be provided by Robert Weber at cost (to be deducted from the proceeds)
B) The building of the hat to be done by Art Fawcett
C) Shipping cost will also be deducted from the proceeds)
4) There will be a total of 150 raffle chances offered at a cost of $10.00 each chance.
5) The name will be drawn using a computer program "The Hat", it will choose a name at random and the first drawing will be final.
6) The money will be collected by Robert Weber thru the PayPal account ( eachchildmatters@yahoo.com) with a full accounting to the Steering Committee. As chances are purchased and payment made the names will be forwarded to Bud Smith to be added into the raffle database. When 150 chances have been purchased then the selection of the winner will be made using the “The Hat” program.
7) The commencement of selling raffle tickets will start on 06/16/2007 and conclude when the 150 chances are sold, with the drawing to occur within two days.
8) The hat body will be shipped to Art after the winner supplies their correct hat size. The winner will be directed to Art so that hat size, crown style etc… can be established, within the capabilities of the body( we will be attaining a 800 or better wpi). We anticipate the completion to be approx 3 months after the winner has been selected. Time must be allowed to get the correct size blank, then shipped to Art. Then the process of building it for the winner can begin.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Wow... great idea!

I'm in! Assuming I can be one of the first 150 to send their payment in, anyway...

Which brings up a question or two. OK, three. Can one person buy more than one raffle ticket? What happens to the funds sent after the 150 "tickets" are gone? (If it happens to me, I'd tell ya to add it to the fund.) Will you accept contributions?

Cheers,
Tom

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Hey Tango, thanks for your support. In answer to your questions,

Can one person buy more than one raffle ticket? YES

What happens to the funds sent after the 150 "tickets" are gone? I would anticipate that the funds would be returned to the person. We tried to foresee any and all questions, we just did not see this one coming. I will check with the group for verification.

Will you accept contributions? I AM SURE THAT "Each Child Matters Inc." would be more than gratefull for any donations. Their website is as follows.
http://www.eachchildmatters.com/

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
I'm in for a few, whether there's a hat involved or not.

How will "winner" be notified?

Will you post "winner" here so we know who to harass?

The buy button appears to work.

Fred

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Bud, you're right, we didn't anticipate the question of money coming in after the cutoff. Since I doubt it would be more than a few, would anyone object to say 153 or 155 tickets?

Folks, our goal was to be able to send at least $1000 with Robert to Equador and that's what determined the number of tickets. Figure $4-500 cost on the body plus some shipping and that's how it was derived. No labor or construction costs involved at all. The winner will get the same treatment as any of my custom clients, ie: conformer, vintage ribbon, high grade sweat, everything that you would envision with a $1000 hat. That IS what you would pay through other sites for this quality.

Also, I think we should post the winner in big bold letters so if it isn't Fred, he can yell at someone!!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Since I doubt it would be more than a few, would anyone object to say 153 or 155 tickets?

What, and lower the odds of winning??? :eek:

Heck, I wouldn't object... the odds are still a lot better than most things people spend money on in the hopes of winning something!

Time to go put my money down...

Cheers,
Tom

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
By my computes eastern standard time setting, it is already past midnight. How do we know if our Paypal bought us a ticket? Or have I jumped the gun on that one?

Johnny

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
International members: Absolutely Fine.

You may send a check made payable to EACH CHILD MATTERS, INC.

ROB TOMLINSON
EACH CHILD MATTERS, INC
PO BOX 51
LAGRANGE IN 46761

Please let me know if you are sending a check.

Up to 31 tickets as of 7:41 Eastern Time this morning.

WOW! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic