Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1900-1930 forums?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
conrad5157 said:
Bully!

tr3.jpg

My man, Teddy! First U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, Cuban Campaign, Spanish-American War, baby! Garry Owen!

Brooksie

One Too Many
I love the Art Nouveau and the Art Deco periods they are my favorite in history. Not to long ago I was looking for information for my blog about the bohemian looks of the teen's and 20's and could not find anything. So I just ended up posting pics of the Ziegfeld Girl's that had those looks with a very short commentary that I made up.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Tribe.net has some groups devoted to Edwardian, Victorian, Steampunk, Flappers, etc, but the discussion is fairly sparse.

It is too bad really, because the site has a lot of untapped potential. It seems that everyone prefers Facebook.

Flivver

Practically Family
While I like the 1930-1959 period, I like the 1920s best. And the Edwardian Era is of great interest too!

I always felt the 1920s were fair game here what with all the discussion of 1920s radios, cars etc.

But it's good to know that the Edwardian Era is officially allowed too! There are lots of pre-1920 topics that we can have fun discussing.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Remember the Adventurer's Gear Thread that grew and grew until the whole topic warranted a split off? The thing to do (and it's very much welcome and encouraged) is to begin a thread(s) on Edwardian/late Victorian and see what happens. Also check the Steampunk threads that have become pretty popular and regularly revived. That sort of thing.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I too am interested in the Art Nouveau, and from what I've read it is somewhat related to Art Deco - and it seems that the time periods of them crossed.

I also like the styles during the 1900's. I enjoy watching the movie Titanic for that reason. :)

If there were more of an outlet for it - I'd put together a WWI U-Boat commander's 'on board' impression.

Many great and interesting things during that time period (1900 - or even as far back as 1895 - and up to 1929). :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
No reason at all why such discussion shouldn't be appropriate -- don't forget that a young adult in the 1930s would have been born in the late Edwardian/early WW1 era, and those eras would have certainly left their mark.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Widebrim said:
My man, Teddy! First U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, Cuban Campaign, Spanish-American War, baby! Garry Owen!
...and this was just his opening act! Yeah I'm with you with ole TR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran