Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s One-Hour Dress

Avalon

A-List Customer
Does anyone have the pattern for this? I've seen it online (with 17 variations! ;) ), and it looks like just the thing for me to cut my newbie teeth on. Cash is tight for me, but I'd be happy to pay postage if anyone could make a copy.

Thanks! :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up

Mojito

One Too Many
I've wondered about these dresses - Ms Neecerie, do you have any finished examples? Would love to see your's too when you're done, Avalon.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I tried making this over the weekend..

Attempt one....was rather big...but thats my fault. Despite it being based on -my- measurements...I have this 'I am fat and thus need to add inches of ease' complex.....so the fact it turned out like a giant muu muu dress is entirely -my- fault...I ruin dresses all the time with this...

attempt two....much better except that I must have measured torso length wrong and the waist was at my mid thigh....even for low waisted 20's thats a bit too low.

fixing it now and shall post a picture of it when i finish that....

Granted...I am erm 'stout' to use a vintage word...so its not going to be svelte and fashionable on me....no matter what...hehe

texasgirl

One Too Many
Looking forward to seeing the dress! I too have been wondering about these :) I'm sure you'll look fab! Are you making it for something special?

Shearer

Practically Family
I was wondering where this thread had got to. I was going to dig it up because I wore a vintage One Hour dress to Governor's Island this year. I was thinking of using the pattern, but I was thin on time, patience, and skill :)

Anyway, the lady who made this dress back in the day had some serious embroidery talent:

2549262753_766b68ce6c.jpg

2549264085_2b2d06da71.jpg

2590448433_e498512fff.jpg

2590495043_6d1e896483.jpg

I have the pattern, as well, but I am so untalented at sewing I wouldn't even attempt it unless I had major time on my hands... in one hour I could maybe take up a hem lol

I've seen the pattern still available a few places, the cheapest being Emailed Vintage Patterns, but other places it's close to $20... hmmm. I got mine for cheap, can't remember where, but it did have all 17 variations in it.

Shearer

Practically Family
sixsexsix said:
shearer that dress is to die for. i can't stop staring at it!

Thank you! I wish I could take credit for it... and I really wish I knew all the places it had been and people it had seen :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Shearer that is gorgeous! Oooh it gives me ideas. With those side ties, it could work for an hourglass-ey girl! It works for you! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner