Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s One-Hour Dress

Claireg

One of the Regulars
i will try to get a pic of it on me this weekend, i used the basic pattern, but then after i attached the blouse to the skirt I chopped off the extra bit on the sides that make that flappy bit, so it is just straight down, i didnt want a pleat or those funny flaps.
Once you do it you will see how it goes - it all makes sense once you get into it!

crwritt

One Too Many
Now that this thread has come up again, and I'm absolutely sure I have that
booklet, since I saw it a few weeks ago around here as I was cleaning, I can't find it!Just when I thought I'd feel like reading it again.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Bumping Thread

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but does anyone have a photos of finished dresses on an actual person, as I would love to see how it looks on a real person instead of a dressform.

Thanks,
Sarah Grace

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
I recently acquired one of the booklets, the one with the red dress and the clock on the cover. It really makes you dream, but I also wonder about how becoming it is.

I have seen examples of 1920s dresses in a museum, and they were gorgeous. They outshined full rococo and victorian gowns in some cases, plus you could actually see yourself in them. Such a modern feel to them.

I would also love to see that dress on a real person! The temptation of a full wardrobe! I think that 1920s are back anyway. Burda had a small collection inspired by the 1920s a few months ago, and that's always a sign to me.

Maybe we should put together a sewalong or something (I need motivation...:rolleyes: ). If it turns out to be frumpy, we could always use a frumpy housedress I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda