Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s/40s Grizzly Jacket (pictures)

Buco

Familiar Face
Hi all,

Recently picked up this little beauty, soon to be appearing on ebay...

Really beautiful jacket, thought i would share it with you

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I love the hide and style - the patina is fantastic - but I do feel a bit sorry for Fozzie Bear's family...

Buco

Familiar Face
anyone have any idea who the maker could be? the neck label is missing, however there is another label on the bottom left inner, not sure if this is the manufacturer though

IMG_5553.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I love the hide and style - the patina is fantastic - but I do feel a bit sorry for Fozzie Bear's family...

SPEW!!!! (Coffee al over keyboard) Man that was SO wrong in SO many ways... but funny!!! Brothers and Sisters as a man full deep in leather obsession I must confess this is ONE style I will NOT attempt to wear. Probably git me shot for a bear here in Northeast.

Worf

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
There is a Buco version on the USA EBay site, or was, recently price when I last looked was about £1500

Bond was a nationwide store, selling many different things, including menswear. They would no have made this jacket, just retailed it, I would have thought.

Is there any remnant of the label in the collar area? Laskinlamb labels are quite distinctive, and most of these jackets seem to be made of Laskinlamb.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
No, I'm sorry, but I've never appreciated the appeal of this style at all.
A bizarre mixture of materials.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
You really need a pre-war Indian or Harley Davidson to go with this, and one of those riders caps popular back then.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket. Certainly not for everyone or something one would wear to the office. But yeah a 30s motorcycle would be great with this.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bond was a nationwide store, selling many different things, including menswear. They would no have made this jacket, just retailed it, I would have thought.

Hm, I don't think they were nation-wide. Never heard of them outside of NYC. None of which is of any use
in tracking down this jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy