Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's look at what fashions would look like in the year 2000

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txaR2HvnwVg

I thought this was interesting clip. Some of the ideas were kind of weird, but some of them are right on, including the clip with the lady in pants. Her outfit and shoes looks almost like something out of the 80's/90's, also notice the guys is equipped with a portable telephone and portable radio, AKA cell phone and Ipod.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
The women's fashions weren't so bad.
The man's "Buck Rogers" outfit was pretty bad. At let I will have a Batman utility belt in A.D. 2,000.lol

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Starius

Practically Family
Wow, that guy at the end looked like a cross between Buck Rogers and the Burger King! Perhaps the phone on his chest is for taking drive-thru orders up at the nearest spaceport?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I still think the women's fahsion's all looked pretty 30's and 40's. Too funny! Esp. the hair. Ha, I'm sure they never thought we'd be wearing it straight and down.

Candies for cuties? Oooo, "swish", LOL!
Nikki

Adele

One of the Regulars
Oh, the narrator had me laughing.

"....,and an electric headlight to help her find an honest man".

So, that's the secret!

Nashoba

One Too Many
wow. that was a good laugh. I needed that today. I liked that day dress to evening dress 'it's all in the sleeves bit' that actually looked kinda cool....If only fashion really had become that creative.

agent d

New in Town
"the dress of the future that consist of transparent net...to probably catch the males" Did they make one of those?lol

nyx

One of the Regulars
Starius said:
Wow, that guy at the end looked like a cross between Buck Rogers and the Burger King! Perhaps the phone on his chest is for taking drive-thru orders up at the nearest spaceport?

Ha ha! That was dead on!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I want my Almost-Flying-Car!

360344369_f269118dbe.jpg

Sir Dennis Burney's British streamliner. Popular Science, December, 1930.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
It was great, the poses reminded me of that bit in "the women" where they have a fashion show for no reaason!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy