Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1935 Vanity Fair Online

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Ah, those were the days! Fantastic photography, clever articles (my favorite was Impossible Interview: Gracie Allen vs Gertrude Stein) and the ads! I'm trying to decide between the special Washington’s birthday cruise to Bermuda ($45 and up) or the Aquatania cruise to the Mediterranean (First Class $520). Maybe a suite at the Plaza in New York City for $10?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Impossible Interview ought to be brought back, because despite the global cyber-whatever-era, there are now probably more kinds of people than ever who would never under any circumstances interact with one another. The difference nowadays is we pretend otherwise.

Cricket

Practically Family
The trick cover was something else. I remember doing those trick covers in MAD magazines. I loved them.

I also thought Wow...I had no clue that Listerine helps with colds and sore throats.

I really enjoyed looking through this. The travel stories had me wishing I was in some far away places. Great pictures!

Thanks for this link..great read!

fashion frank

One Too Many
This was way too cool.
I never knew that Heinz used to make canned soups!
Not to mention Jean Harlow, Audrey Hepburn and Tarzan.

Also you could tell Prohibition was over booze ad's on almost every other page !

all the Best,Fashion Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy