Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s stag films

Canadave

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
...What message do you get when it comes up or does it at all?

I get a bar that looks like this (and the slider does move, but no sound) -

bar.JPG

and up in the corner, an image that looks like this -

this.JPG

:(

David

Hmmm... I get the same thing but it plays after a few seconds of buffering. Solution---new computer. :p
Nothing happens huh? Gee, I am stumped now.
Too bad you can't see it. It certainly gives you an idea of how women dressed in those days---from top to bottom---all the layers. :p

Regards to all,

J

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
there are a bunch of great vintage pin up and erotica sites out there as well as a few news groups where many of my files have come frome.....the best place to start the hunt wouls be joebates.com ................the site is annoying as hell if he still has all of those pesy midi files on every page but a great resource none the less

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Michaelson said:
:coffee: Could be, J, could be...uh, what were we talking about again? [huh] ;) High regards. Michaelson

Just so I'm not forever marked as a pervy sort:

They're driving a 41 Chevrolet, base model coupe (maybe business coupe) but with radio option. The passing cars visible are a 40 or 41 hudson, and a pretty sharp 40 Buick.

:)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Yeah...nice cars.

With regard to the viewing problems, they're related to the format of many of these movies - MP4. Windows can't handle them and no codec is available since Microsoft likes to squash the competition. However, a freeware program called "Mpegable DS Decoder" is available on Download.com and will solve the problem. You can download the program by going to this link:

http://www.download.com/Mpegable-DS-decoder/3000-2194_4-10159344.html?tag=lst-0-1

This worked fine on my machine running Media Player and Windows XP. Enjoy! :cheers1:

Canadave

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Canadave, do you have dialup? Or a fast connection? Might just be an eternal download stream.

I've got Ultra hi-speed! I'll look into Johnnysan's suggestions, but if you have any more...

Thanks for trying,

David

Edit -

Johnnysan said:
With regard to the viewing problems, they're related to the format of many of these movies - MP4. Windows can't handle them and no codec is available since Microsoft likes to squash the competition. However, a freeware program called "Mpegable DS Decoder" is available on Download.com and will solve the problem. You can download the program by going to this link:

http://www.download.com/Mpegable-DS-decoder/3000-2194_4-10159344.html?tag=lst-0-1

This worked fine on my machine running Media Player and Windows XP. Enjoy! :cheers1:

OK, I downloaded this, went back to the original link in this thread, and it still didn't work. How do I get Media Player to open the link?

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21