Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st custom hat

maxhogan

New in Town
I just received my first custom hat, a beauty by Parker Melvin of Falcon Park Hattery. I haven:t taken it off since unboxing today after work. I will try to post pictures tomorrow, but take my word, it's fantastic. I asked him for a sort of copy of hats from 1950's movies (Jimmy Stewart in The FBI Story in particular), not too dressy but an everyday hat. It fits like a glove, light brown with a darker brown thin ribbon. Beautifully crafted, great diamond crease.
Thanks Parker!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I just received my first custom hat, a beauty by Parker Melvin of Falcon Park Hattery. I haven:t taken it off since unboxing today after work. I will try to post pictures tomorrow, but take my word, it's fantastic. I asked him for a sort of copy of hats from 1950's movies (Jimmy Stewart in The FBI Story in particular), not too dressy but an everyday hat. It fits like a glove, light brown with a darker brown thin ribbon. Beautifully crafted, great diamond crease.
Thanks Parker!

Can't wait to see the pictures...If I'm not mistaken, I believe Jimmy Stewart wore an Open Road,(?),in the movie you mentioned, (The FBI Story). I think he also wore that same hat in another movie. I like to wear fedoras that go well with casual attire too. Open Roads and Stratoliners, as well as mid-ribbon hats, seem to fit the bill for me...plus their versitality to wear with dressier attire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR