Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My second Work of Art: on time for Christmas!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I have picked from the Post Office my second VS custom hat, just on time for Christmas!

As you may possibly remember, I presented my first VS, a blue hat, a couple of weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I initially placed the order for two hats together, but I have received them with some interval because Art thought it would be a good idea for me to wait and check all went well with the first hat, before he started with the second. This, plus the customary Xmas time post jam, is the explanation for the space of time between hats.

I wanted something in the middle area of brown, and green details (I was inspired by NotBogart's "Mint Chocolate" hat, but wanted a more subdued combination). As for the crease, I asked for something along the lines of the hat used by Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon.

Crown is 6'' this time, Art mentioned a somewhat taller crown was needed for the "Maltese Falcon" style deep crown crease, and I certainly concur. Brim is 2 1/2''.

Felt colour is "Whiskey", which I find is a very beautiful mid-brown shade.

And this is what Art has come up with...

General 3/4 views:

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

Front, side, back views:

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

Notice the crown top crease is fairly deep.

Details. The bow has a discreet darker green central accent. And the red liner complements the hat most finely!

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

I hope you like it, I certainly do. I plan to wear it tomorrow - Christmas Day!

Regards!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations, Torpedo, and Merry Christmas. We do need some pics of you wearing your Christmas work of Art, but it is another beauty. I'm looking at it on a laptop today, and the ribbon looks brown to me rather than green, but it's a very practical looking, wearable color. I know you'll enjoy it.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Merry Christmas

Torpedo - excellent hat, the timing itself is also a gift. I hope you were happy to receive it for Christmas Arts know how to correctly dose his beautiful works.
Art, Merry Christmas to you as well!

Best:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters