Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3/4 lenght "Fahrrad Rex" belted leather jacket

JEEP

Practically Family
I am currently considering this jacket:

551122618_Big.jpg

551122618_2_Big.jpg

551122618_3_Big.jpg

551122618_4_Big.jpg

551122618_5_Big.jpg

It is listed as a vintage jacket, marked "Fahrrad Rex" Saarbrücken - Germany. "Fahrrad Rex" is german for "Bicycle King/Royal". Unfortunally I have no photos of the label.

I am not quite sure about the age, but my guess is somewhere between 1960 and 1990.

The buttons, I believe, are not original - and if I decide to buy it they will most likely be replaced by brown or black round plastic or horn ones. Maybe I will replace the belt aswell.

The jacket looks to be in fairly good condition - though a coat of leather conditioner would do it good.

What do you think about it? And, how old would you say it is?

Regards.

Jakob

Jay

Practically Family
If the black turtleneck is included, go for it. If not, buy it anyway and get your own turtleneck. That jacket is way cool. I don't know how old it is, but I'd wear it with pride.

JEEP

Practically Family
The turtleneck is, unfortunally, not included :)

But, I have a few myself. My favourites are the Fisherman sweaters from S.N.S. Herning. I have the 1931 model in navy blue and the 1947 model in black. These sweaters will last you a good 10-15 years of heavy abuse and still look good.

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Won it for D.Kr. 200 (around $35) :)

Can't wait to get it and try it on.

Any suggestions regarding the age?

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Got the package today:

FahrradRex_lderjakke_01.jpg

FahrradRex_lderjakke_02.jpg

It is quite nice. I believe the leather is cowskin. There is a little wear, but not much, mainly on the sleeves.
It is stiff and quite heavy - I suspect it to be quite warm aswell.
The lining is wool at the body and cotton at the sleeves.
The buttons and the belt are quite worn - and look strangely "cheap" on the jacket. These will be replaced.

Here is a close-up op the label:

FahrradRex_lderjakke_03.jpg

The fit is rather good; maybe a little tight around the shoulders and a little wide around the waist. But all in all it looks and feels nice.

At the price I am quite happy with this jacket. I would gladly have paid much more for it.

Regards.

Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic