Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3/4 length coat, advice please.

vespasian

One of the Regulars
3/4 length jacket, black wool "London Fog" at JC Penney. To have it delivered to UK is £80 ($140) approx. Is this a good idea or not.

Pic:
penney.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Is $140 "o.k."? To deliver a J.C. Penney coat? Is this a trick question?

Please, take my advice: keep looking on eBay, or find one in the UK. Are these types of topcoats really that hard to find? I wouldn't think so, since they're in fashion.

vespasian

One of the Regulars
$140 all in. I have searched and searched in the UK online for a coat below the knee. All in vain. Either ridiculously expensive or just not long enough.

Are you looking for a winter weight coat? What I've found about pretty much all new topcoats is that they're not very warm. The vintage ones, you can tell, were made for brutal winters in New York and Chicago. Those are the ones I'm always looking for. The Penney's looks more like a driving coat and a pretty average one a that. I'd do some vintage searching. If you can't wait for the perfect one on ebay, check some fo the online places like rustyzipper and sassvintage. I've bought from both and have been thoroughly satisfied. Again, be sure to ask if it's winter weight (if that's what you want)

Regards,

Senator Jack

vespasian

One of the Regulars
I tried Ebay_de but cant work out the half of it. Thanks anyway.

Im not really worried about it being winter weight as the winters here are a bit tepid nowadays. More protection from wind, rain, dirt, snow etc. Plus looking good with the fedora.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

green papaya

One Too Many
3/4 length coat

yes, I think London Fog over coats are nice! I saw one recently at JC Penny and I think it said made in Italy inside?

I would definitely buy a brand new wool coat instead of used off EBAY

I think they usually sell for over $200 when they are not on sale

vespasian

One of the Regulars
Got one from Debenhams and if anyone is in the UK, get to Debenhams quickly. Reduced from £175 ($250 apprx) to £75 ($110 approx). Thomas Nash 46in length wool and cashmere coat with pockets and lining. Thanks for the advice folks.

vespasian

One of the Regulars
I eventually got one. A Thomas Nash 3/4 length 3 button front in black. Not fantastically warm and does look a slight bit affected with the hat but what the heck. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner