Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 Generation Hat Picture

animator

One of the Regulars
My dad liked pictures of me in my new hats so much he wanted to try wearing a fedora, too. When he came for a visit last week, I took him downtown and had him pick out a fedora he liked. The hat my dad chose reminded him of his father's hat.

3GEN_a.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
That's a fantastic family portrait. Oh the joy of wearing a good hat! Could you identify the hats for us? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

animator

One of the Regulars
I'm wearing a fantastic Art Fawcett creation... my boy is wearing a wool crushable hat I bought 10 years ago before I found the lounge and the wonderful information here. My dad actually picked out a wool crushable hat, too. I don't know the make. I had been steering him towards a Stetson, but it's his first fedora and he was concerned about how to care for it, so he liked the idea of it being crushable.

It is a gateway hat. Now that I know his head size I'll add some nicer ones for birthdays and such.

Trying on hats with my dad was some of the most fun we've had together in years.

animator

One of the Regulars
If it fits on your head and you enjoy it... That's the perfect hat.

The wool crushable wouldn't have been my first pick, but he would have been afraid to wear anything more expensive and damage it. And the hat actually does look nice. He was really thrilled with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic