Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 WORLD WAR II ERA (?) OFFICER'S CAPS. Beautiful! Interior c. 22 1/4, 22.5"

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
WORLD WAR II ERA OFFICER'S CAPS

I acquired these caps from the estate of a retired Colonel who collected militaria.

These are all perfectly wearable, but would also look wonderful on a shelf in your office, or upturned for use as holders of small items... Who wouldn't want a lovely piece of American history?

1) GORGEOUS Officer's Cap!

This is a military cap that appears to date from the WWII era. It has a perforated leather sweatband; both the visor and the undervisor are also leather. This cap features a patented "Pac-Cap" device on the interior for easy removal of the insignia for packing. The leather sweatband also proudly notes that this is "The Zephry you can PAC!" The olive drab cap is all wool. This is a *very* high-quality cap!

It was, of course, Made in the USA, and with the exception of some wear to the lining of the cap (as you'd expect from a cap that is this old!) it is in excellent condition.

Interior circumference: 22 1/2.

Asking just $49, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

2) WWII Officer's Cap

This cap appears to date from the WWII era. It has a leather sweatband and visor; the undervisor is dark green and appears to be wool baize attached tightly to the upper visor. The cap badge is attached securely, and has a reinforcement on the interior. The olive drap exterior is all wool.

It was, of course, Made in the USA, and with the exception of some wear to the lining of the cap (as you'd expect from a cap that is this old!) it is in excellent condition.

Interior circumference: 22 1/4.

Asking just $45, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
3) Cap purchased by Officer Harold E. Haslem; lovely lining!

This cap appears to date from the WWII era. It has a broad interior leather sweatband which appears to have been attached by hand. The visor if leather, and has a dark green underside. The insignia is attached by a standard screw mechanism and is in excellent condition. The lining of this cap is beautiful--a rich dark harvest gold with ornamental geometrics. This is an exceptionally well-made cap!

It was originally purchased by Harold E. Haslem; his initials are embossed on the sweatband.

The olive drap exterior is all wool.

It was, of course, Made in the USA. It does have two VERY small moth nibbles, but these are hardly noticeable; I only found them while photographing the cap close up. There are also a couple of very small marks to the visor--again, these are hardly noticeable. Apart from these minor issues it is in excellent condition.

Tagged 7 3/8. Interior circumference: 22 1/2.

Asking just $49, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran