Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
But for the toe cap and smooth finish, I would've said they were either British or Canadian ammunition boots - I think the Aussies wore brown ones for a long time...

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bought this from LoveMyHats2 (thanks)
I really like them. What do you say about the age? Shoes are my weak point when it comes to dating them. Since when did they use neoprene cork soles?

workboots01.jpg

workboots02.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

...didn't slog thru 90+ pages, so forgive me if this is old news.

39022_laydown.jpg

...got mine & broke 'em in this week.
VERY enthusiastic!
My LL Bean Chippewas were my go-to's. But the last two pairs I got failed to meet my expectations,
as did the way my return was handled by customer service. I've bailed on Bean.

But, anyway, these have 'em beat by a country mile, IMO.
There are made by some small Wisc. firm & they are all that.
Imagine American made footwear, from a Union shop, the working guy can buy.

With free shipping & an online coupon code they were $107. to my door.

Heads up.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Those are nice boots flo, I find its hard to say when boots are vintage, when browsing the vintage/thrift shops i'd seen plenty of nice vintage looking boots that turned out to be made within the past 30 years. They definitely pass for vintage 40's boots that would be good enough for me ;)

Sea Dog

New in Town
Hi Sefton, I finally shelled out for pair of Alden 405s and they are superbly comfortable as well as looking at home with any wardrobe. Sadly, most of the suppy of vintage or surplus work/duty boots has been exhausted years ago. There are good reproductions but at very high prices. Try the goodwill or sally ann's in small towns as they tend not to be picked over by dealers. What's your foot size,as I have a few vintage ankle boots in my collection that I could part with.

Flat Foot Floey

Those are nice boots flo, I find its hard to say when boots are vintage, when browsing the vintage/thrift shops i'd seen plenty of nice vintage looking boots that turned out to be made within the past 30 years. They definitely pass for vintage 40's boots that would be good enough for me ;)
Thanks, Pinesew. Of course you are right. The style is more important. I like the pronounced curve on the back and the stitching on the side. I wear my Redwings very often and they are new too. But it would be extra nice to know about the age.

Flat Foot Floey

Rot_M%20M_braune_Stiefel_100E_800x533.jpg.2959233.jpg

Those are on sale at H&M (at least in germany) for 50€. Leather uppers, plastic soles. Didn't buy them but thinking about it just to have a beater pair (when there is salt on the streets)

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
I was thinking the soles were new, considering the leather is much more worn. Im surprised how well they stick to the frozen snow, haven't had a slip once

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
I dont think these are 30's vintage but these gotta be the nicest pair of boots ive found at the thrift. Black leather with cap toe, leather sole, double welt, speed hooks, size 10. I compared them with my everyday IR's, i wear size 11. And im sure these are size 10. Too bad they dont fit but I just had to take em. :)
20130529_172522.jpg

20130529_172511.jpg

20130529_172447.jpg

20130529_172426.jpg

20130529_172405.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo