Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$9.99 got me....

Wild Root

Gone Home
These two hats pluss two hat boxes!

First is this late 1930's Carvel Hall hat. It's ivory in color and has the long hair finish.

1131390img4zj.jpg

1131391img8fx.jpg

1131392img6yj.jpg

Now we have a I'd say a mid 30's Stephen L. Stetson Olympic hat!

The liner states: Stephen L. Stetson. Never connected in any way with John B. Stetson Company.

The color is wine and has a tall crown!

1131394img9qe.jpg

1131395img5pk.jpg

1131397img3yb.jpg

These hats were listed on Ebay and I placed a bid which didn't go through because Ebay broke down at the same time I bid. So, I contacted the seller and asked if I could buy the hats for his price. Well, the seller contacted me and told me they will not be relisting them. They said that I could buy them for the starting bid of $9.99!

I paypalled the money plus cash for the S/H and today they came!

Root.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Dude they are awsome for that price, what are they made of. Also, maroon one looks like a heavier Archie Goodwin hat (Nero Wolfe), it would look good with a green suit.

Wild Root

Gone Home
They're made from babies. Yes, babies. :p

Nah, they're made of fur felt like most vintage hats I have are.

I have never seen a deep wine colored fedora! Well, maybe from the 70's but not from the 30's! It's super rare and it's not going any where! The ivory colored one has an over welted edge. The wine Olympic has an under welted edge! Two very rare styles of edges from the golden era!

Glad you like!

Root.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
They're mad from babies. Yes, babies. :p

Nah, they're made of fur felt like most vintage hats I have are.

I have never seen a deep wine colored fedora! Well, maybe from the 70's but not from the 30's! It's super rare and it's not going any where! The ivory colored one has an over welted edge. The wine Olympic has an under welted edge! Two very rare styles of edges from the golden era!

Glad you like!

Root.

Watch Nero Wolfe or Dick Tracy(I think) and many you will see.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I have seen colors such as this in Dick tracey, but you're missing the point!

The point being a true, original hat from the 30's in this color! Sure, they have many different colors of hats in Dick Tracey but those colors were used in the film to give it a comic book feel. The hats they used in Dick Tracey weren't real vinage hats. They were all made for the movie!

Sure, I have seen many different colors in hats but not original 30's or 40's hats!

Root.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
I have seen colors such as this in Dick tracey, but you're missing the point!

The point being a true, original hat from the 30's in this color! Sure, they have many different colors of hats in Dick Tracey but those colors were used in the film to give it a comic book feel. The hats they used in Dick Tracey weren't real vinage hats. They were all made for the movie!

Sure, I have seen many different colors in hats but not original 30's or 40's hats!

Root.

Interseting point Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Interseting point Root.

It is interesting, but it's also a fact. I believe that this dark red hat is the only one I have seen (Vintage that is) and that it's more rare then say most shades of green or blue that one can find that's original.

Most hats I find from that era are gray, brown, light gray, dark gray, brown gray and all sorts of other shades of gray!

So, when a dark maroon hat comes along it's a true surprise and a shock!

It's going to stay in the collection for a long long time!

Root.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
What a deal. I especially love that maroon hat, like you say hard to find.

I realize that most guys like to wear gray and brown and more gray and brown; I have too many hats in brown, myself. But, wow, maroon! I am envious...

karol

Wild Root

Gone Home
I had a feeling that the dark red one was going to be a favorite! Never thought that I would have one. I wear the typical gray and brown combos on a daily bassis. But, when it's time to step out on the town, I like to do something different!

I have a dark brown sut with red pinstripes this hat would look nice with!

Any way, it's going to be fun trying to put together an outfit that goes well with a wine colored hat.

Root.

Flick

Practically Family
Congrats on the super deal...And that red hat is fine, fine, fine...But if you wear that red hat out, you had better be ready to Impress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR