Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora Lounge Akubra Hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Two Classics

I am especially attracted to the idea of a replica of a classic fedora from the Golden Era. Here are photos of two classics to nourish the conversation:

The first is a Royal Stetson Stratoliner, tan zeypher weight,
nStratolinerTanZeypherWeight11-vi.jpg

The second is a Royal Stetson Whippet in tan.
RoyalStetsonWhippetTan1-vi.jpg

These pics are courtesy of Dusty Rhodes on Fotki. His Felt Fedoras Album is a goldmine on vintage fedoras.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
griffer said:
What's Whippet?

Why don't we just get the FL logo as a patch ironed on a baseball cap?

lol

lol LMAO, that kind of talk will get a person lynched around these parts lol

Wolfman, while those are beautiful hats, I maintain if it is a special run, then there should be something special about it. A unique color and a unique style that combines attributes from several models. If not then it might as well be "The Whippet Remake" or "The Stratoliner Remake" and what is special about that. They would just be copies of an original, this could be an opportunity to create something new. Seems to me that one of the reasons that Art is so successful is that his designs are fresh and not just the same old same old. JMHO

griffer

Practically Family
Silly Bud, isn't the Fedora Lounge absolutely against anything new fangled?

We are all about receating the old classics! Innovation and change be damned! Long live the Luddites of Fashion!

:p

duggap

Banned
Either

Well, if you get the hat or pin, count me in for both. I vote for the pin to have the circular view of the man in the hat at the top of the web page. I need so many more hats to get in league with you folks that whatever you come up with for a hat is ok by me.:p

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Bud-n-Texas said:
...while those are beautiful hats, I maintain if it is a special run, then there should be something special about it. A unique color and a unique style that combines attributes from several models.

I completely agree. Otherwise, it would be boring clone. If I had my druthers, I'd commission Art to design it.

griffer

Practically Family
I wanted to be the first to actually draft my design. I call it a Whupp-it. Akubra surely has access to high quality fur denim...

Let the voting begin-

FL_hat.jpg

EDIT: No Photoshop for me, I'm vintage! MS PAINT all day, all night....

jml90

One of the Regulars
I'd like something with about a 2 1/2 brim high crown contrasting FAT ribbon and bound edge. In light gray.

Bruce A. Fulmer

New in Town
NEW COLORS?

Akubra has many design variations, but with limited colors in given models. How about expanded color choices in a limited number of models, eg navy in a Campdraft?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My vote

2 3/8" X 2 5/8" dimensionally cut bound brim, Minimum of 5.5" straight sided, taper free unbashed crown, a nice roan sweat (or at least not cardboard) & maybe choice of ribbon widths ...

mingoslim

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
2 3/8" X 2 5/8" dimensionally cut bound brim, Minimum of 5.5" straight sided, taper free unbashed crown, a nice roan sweat (or at least not cardboard) & maybe choice of ribbon widths ...

Since it is Akubra from down under, how about a Kangaroo sweat? . . . or at least Dingo?

playitagainsam

New in Town
Hi all,

My idea of the classic fedora is the one from either Maltese Falcon or Big Sleep. I would give anything for a brown, black, and grey exactly like them.

As for the current offering from Akubra, I received a Black Fed last week and have only two complaints with it. One is the brim size should be available in a 2 1/2 or 2 5/8 and the other is the felt is TOO stiff. I have a feeling that the Fed deluxe may be a softer felt that is closer to the older styles but it doesn't come in the color variety that it should.

Can anyone confirm the felt difference between the Fed and the Deluxe?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara