Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few observations about Aero leather jacket sizing.

Edward

Bartender
Didn't the old management do something, the term eludes me, where they stitched together the jacket differently to get a size in between numerical sizes? I recall a bunch of old threads here where customers requested it. There are probably a bunch of old jackets out there that have it, so sizing is probably all over the place for some older jackets.

"Turned in"? or something like that?

Yes, I forget the exact term they used, rolled edges or some such. The notion was that they stitched closer the edge of each panel, to give a bit more room, and so in theory a size up. Always sounded dubious to me, but some folks got them and seemed happy. It's not something that Aero do any longer, I believe.

A small level of variation is inevitable when dealing with especially the heavier hides, though I've always found the real differencea like more between models and cuts. I have heard it said that some models were recalibrated and the patterns revamped after Ken came back, so that might be an issue too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland