Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Jakes, I see your point. Nice chatting with you.

Gee…even if I'm lacking in "moral character" ? Just kidding !

Things written can take many interpretations , I see your point as well .

Have a Nice Holiday !

Chief000731

Practically Family
That is the opposite of what I've experienced here. If nobody answers a post - yours or mine - it's probably due to no interest and/or not knowing anything useful to add.This place has always welcomed people with open arms.
Thats true ButteMY61 I was welcomed with open arms and made to feel right at home, so thank you everyone for your help and kindness.
Carl

Chief000731

Practically Family
Allen: I am not sure yet. The status says: "Claim Denied - A letter has been sent detailing the reasons for the denial."No letter yet. Probably lost it. I'm dying to see what it says. In the meantime, we've gone to the USPS here and have escalated. The woman in charge is great, and she's helping now. We've been here 17 years and I'm hoping they will resolve this soon and in our favor. I have no clue how this can be denied, but it's the gov't and nothing would surprise me now. All I know is NO MORE USPS for me.
Hell Scott watch FEDEX the did the samething lost a tool I sold and shipped I lost $600.00 and the tool. PayPal was in on it to and charged back $600.00 to my account so I can't use PayPal till they finish there investigation... Thats why I just use Money Orders for now I don't think I'll ever use PayPal again or FedEx...
Carl

jimmer_5

Practically Family
How is everyone doing about getting their money back?

eBay and PayPall were useless for me.

However, my bank came through with no problems despite the transaction taking place over a year ago. Filed an online complaint, talked to them two days later and got the cash in the bank a day after that.

Davo - My bank claimed they were not even able to do a chargeback after 90 days. Could you tell me the process you went through to get them to relent?

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Davo - My bank claimed they were not even able to do a chargeback after 90 days. Could you tell me the process you went through to get them to relent?

If you payed by a card you got through your bank but the card is from visa or mastercard go over your bank's heads and straight to visa/mastercard and say the bank were not any help. They will have a word with the bank and hopefully put manners on them.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
OK, devil's advocate. If Aero Scotland cut off Mark last year, why did they not post on the forums stating this? I know that right now, I'd have enough "p*ssed" to go around if I bought from Mark and found this out here. That certainly doesn't take blame off of Mark. But I think you see where I'm going...

The forums aren't really a good, established way for a company to communicate with a large number of diverse customers. While I'm sure many of the people affected are members here or at another forum, many are not. The only effective way to contact all the customers would be to call or e-mail them individually. Quite frankly, that is what Mark should have done - his choice to make a public statement here and on the Aero website is a completely inadequate response. I'm sure frustrated customers will continue to pop up over the next year or so wondering where their jacket is.

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Where is all this talk of kickbacks coming from? I haven't read anything that gave me the impression that those who gave 'rave reviews' of Aero USA were anything other than ordinary customers as far as they were aware. Just because they got the jackets they ordered, whilst others may not have, doesn't make it a kickback, just what anyone should expect from a business.

Agree completely. I haven't seen anyone mention preferential pricing or any quid pro quo for positive reviews here. RedBaron - your rampant speculation is offensive because there's nothing to support your premise that anyone got special pricing or was complicit in Mark's deceptions. You're impugning the character of the most active people on this site, who make it a great destination for information, based on a premise you're making up and is being actively refuted. I disagree with your premise that there was quid pro quo here. I can't disagree with your conclusions but they're just platitudes without some evidence of what you're suggesting. Holly has mentioned Mark may have provided better service to frequent posters, without their knowledge, to support his public image. Without their knowledge may be the key phrase you've missed in this discussion.

Atticus Finch - hope you continue to follow the thread and post. I appreciate the legal opinions and perspective regarding this.

cloudylemonade said:
Your timing must have been awful, it was on the 20th that we had first indications that something was wrong. Our accountant spotted a problem and contacted us. At that point we hadn't had a response from Mark to our first email and Amanda wouldn't have been aware of any problem, even on the 21st it merely looked like sloppy book keeping, so it wasn't until late that evening we started to get wind of a bigger problem that couldn't be solved by a relaxation of credit limits or by us standing a loss on what at first appeared to be a few jackets still outstanding.

A normal business with cash flow issues would go to the bank, secure funds, and get their supplier back within their credit terms. It's seems pretty clear Mark was using recent purchases to fund past purchases. Aero Leather USA had a business where credit was unnecessary since all the jacket purchases were prepaid absent outside expenses (eg legitimate business costs, mortgage, prescription drug addiction, or anything else you might speculate). The only thing that we can be sure of is that Mark misled customers as to the status of their orders over the last couple years and from 2001 (?) to 2010 there's only positive feedback regarding Mark's business available on the internet.

Aero Leather Clothing Company (Scotland) clearly let Mark take some liberty with their name based on old school business practices or a cultural take (they are European) since most American's would think Aero Leather USA was a factory affiliated representative and not a reseller. Aero Scotland has clearly identified they won't let this type of situation happen in the future. Aero Scotland's take on this has clearly evolved over the course of this thread and Holly and Ken's continued attention to this thread is appreciated by me and hopefully other interested or affected individuals. They've taken the extra-step IMO with the discounts they're offering to affected parties to make this right. Holly mentioned, "standing a loss on what at first appeared to be a few jackets still outstanding." I can imagine their surprise when they found out the size of Mark's outstanding order list.

I'm out two jackets, one I bought and one my fiance had me get myself, so I appreciate people adding new information to the thread and informed opinions based on new information. I don't really appreciate the offensive speculation and righteous indignation since it only seems to inflame tempers and doesn't add anything I find useful to the thread or community. Best regards

Feraud

Bartender
Red Baron- if you are really concerned as you state then please cease and desist from posting in this thread. You've been pretty damn confrontational yourself to now cry "foul".
Let us all drop the semantic nonsense.

If it weren't for information coming from Aero and our sympathy to those who've lost a lot of money this thread would have been locked and buried.

Let us take it from here and get back on course.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Quick question - I have a credit card linked to my Paypal account, but my Paypal payments were done as instant withdrawals from my bank - does that mean that I cannot get a chargeback through my credit card company?

pattonfan

New in Town
When you say "withdrawls from my Bank", if it's through a credit card it would be done as a Visa transaction. You SHOULD be covered. Anybody have more insider information? Any bankers out there that can field this one?

Did it come out of a Savings or Checking account?

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
When I first brought up people getting better service based on them talking up Aero USA I meant it like this:

Poster A has thousands of posts here on the forum and is widely regarded as one of the more knowledgeable posters here. Poster A purchases a jacket from Aero USA, Mark at Aero USA frequents the board and is savvy enough to know who it is that is purchasing the jacket, perhaps it comes up in conversation, it's not important. So Mark then gives poster A excellent service and Aero's standard turn around for a jacket. Poster A very satisfied with the transaction states his positive experience and this goes a long way to bolstering Aero USA's credibility here.

When people run a Ponzi scheme they do the same thing, they seek people to invest whose clout and word will go a long way, for those guys they will provide great profits and huge returns problem free, then steal and string along others, all unbeknownst to the initial investor.

I never made any accusation of kick backs etc... I have no idea where that came from.

How you intended it is exactly how I took your posting.
Ya done good, sir.

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Quick question - I have a credit card linked to my Paypal account, but my Paypal payments were done as instant withdrawals from my bank - does that mean that I cannot get a chargeback through my credit card company?

Because there is more protection using credit it's always a good idea to make your Visa/Mastercard card the primary source of funding on Paypal.
In the UK I think we have even more protection because Paypal cannot access a linked bank account without permission.

maduro 5

A-List Customer

I had exactly the same situation. Visa should cover you. But as it was mentioned here you must state that it was a custom order and delivery was suppose to take place in March. Visa will use a " non delivery" clause and should credit your account. It actually works.

sbhva

Familiar Face

The original payment must have gone through your credit card account in order to get a refund from them. If it was a direct debit to your checking account, the credit card company can't help.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
I had exactly the same situation. Visa should cover you. But as it was mentioned here you must state that it was a custom order and delivery was suppose to take place in March. Visa will use a " non delivery" clause and should credit your account. It actually works.

Same thing for me Jimmer, as long as its a real credit card and not a fake bank visa or MC (usually a debit card). I contacted WellsFargo monday morning after I received mark's email. Explain to the CC that this is a made to order item that can take up to 9 months to complete.
Holly was kind enough to write in a company email basically saying the same thing which I forwarded along with my dispute paperwork. I dont have the money yet, but I think I should get a chargeback.

pattonfan

New in Town
This new wrinkle shows why PayPal is doing their spending limit and trying to get people to have approval and links to actual monied accounts. It removes the threat of chargebacks. Bull-spit, I say.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
This new wrinkle shows why PayPal is doing their spending limit and trying to get people to have approval and links to actual monied accounts. It removes the threat of chargebacks. Bull-spit, I say.

To everyone out there awaiting/hoping for an Aero Leather USA refund: If you used a credit card through PayPal to make the payment, the odds are you are covered. There might be a six-month window initially to make a chargeback claim with the bank issuer, but if you explain to the Chargeback Department/Fraud Division, they might waive it for you. I just got word today from Bank of America that my chargeback went through with no hassles whatsoever on my end. The Aero Leather USA charge on my account is gone.

Good luck to everyone out there. And with PayPal, from now on, anything big is going to go through my card ... only little things will go through them. PayPal throws up one hoop after another if you want to pay any way other than their in-house account or through a direct withdrawal from your linked bank account. Any other way is a hassle to THEM. Protect yourself; use the plastic with PayPal.

Peacoat

Bartender
Good luck to everyone out there. And with PayPal, from now on, anything big is going to go through my card ... only little things will go through them. PayPal throws up one hoop after another if you want to pay any way other than their in-house account or through a direct withdrawal from your linked bank account. Any other way is a hassle to THEM. Protect yourself; use the plastic with PayPal.

Good to hear that. Does Pay Pal give an option of bank transfer or credit card? I thought the amount was automatically taken from the checking account, and if not enough money there, then the CC would be charged?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot