Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A personal thanks to JPD & my newest acqusition

Jerekson

One Too Many
Let me just say; Mr. Jimmy Pierce, you are magnificent. A true genius in the line of hats. I couldn't be any happier with your work at the time being.

Thank you.

Now, everyone else :p
I sent out my old Jaxon Iconoclast fedora to JPD about a month or two ago.

Now, we all know what the Jaxon looks like shipped:
jaxon_fur-felt-iconoclast_brn_lrg.jpg

A very nice hat, right off the bat.

I got this hat about 3 or 4 years ago. Once I recieved it, I gave it a (rather sloppy) rebash.

"Friend" is really the only word that comes to mind when I try to describe my hat. It went everywhere with me...before my Akubra, it was really my only "everything" hat.

Well, a long time passed, and the hat didn't look that good anymore. I buckled down and got ready to have it refurbished. This is what it looked like right before I packed it up.
Jaxon_9.png

It was basically just a raw felt body. I put the liner and sweatband in the box with the hat, along with a sheet of VERY detailed instructions.

I listed out everything I wanted done to the hat; Crown height and block shape, brim width, ribbons, color scheme. I might have been even a bit too specific. :rolleyes:

I'm sucking up too much space here...

I got the hat yesterday :eusa_clap ;) :p

Jerekson

One Too Many
Jaxon_1.png

Jaxon_4.png

Jaxon_3.png

Look at that stovepipe!
Jaxon_7.png

Jaxon_6.png

The crown was open on a Indy-type block. Jimmy went ahead and gave it a lovely teardrop bash.
Jaxon_2.png

The ribbon was a big surprise. Not only did Jimmy add a double bow (which I love btw) but he accented it nicely ;)
Jaxon_8.png

Ditto all that. Love the pronounced contrast between the body color and the ribbon band and edge binding.
Thanks for the before-and-after shots. Now, I can't be the only one considering sending some misshapen, woebegone old lids Jimmy's way, eh?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good job Jimmy & Jerekson.

I've learned something here. I can create a "signature" bow treatment and the person copying it becomes a "genius"
Why didn't I think of that?

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:

I've learned something here. I can create a "signature" bow treatment and the person copying it becomes a "genius"

Hey; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
BTW great looking hat hope you treat it better this time around. lol
Bob.

Art Fawcett said:

Yeah, there is a something kinda familiar looking there, eh?

jpdesign

Vendor
Sorry Art, but it just looked right. I do this on maybe one out of every two dozen hats. But to be honest, the first time I did it was about 6 or seven years ago while at Peters Bros., but I will say I did it a bit differently at the time (more layers, more colors).

Also, no one is immune to it. I did these hats several years ago
lace.jpg

longhorn1.jpg

longhorn2.jpg

I showed it to the vp of sales at bailey two years ago while hoping to get a job, and this year both bailey and stetson are doing perforated brims.

Jimmy

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A question!!

Jerekson,
The bound edge looks puckered to me or is it just the pictures ?

In the future when you have ribbon work done ask the hatter for a floating ribbon so you won't see the stiches in the ribbon and the bow...

Jerekson

One Too Many
SHARPETOYS said:
Jerekson,
The bound edge looks puckered to me or is it just the pictures ?

In the future when you have ribbon work done ask the hatter for a floating ribbon so you won't see the stiches in the ribbon and the bow...

The bound edge is fine. It could be a bit tighter but overall I think its perfect. I'll remember that floating ribbon thing.

Thanks again Jimmy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24