Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Poll: How many of us...?

havershaw

Practically Family
I only buy my size...if I'm not going to wear it, might as well give it to someone who will. I don't even really want to have that big of a collection anymore - the bigger your collection is, the less each hat gets worn, and there are some of you poor suckers out there who got NO hats. So I'd rather see someone else get a hat if they're going to wear it.

That being said...I still have over thirty hats.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hats, especially antique ones ARE great decor items.
Some people consider themselves collectors, others don't.

I'll buy certain types of hats just to own- an antique Pith Helmet par example-
I'm not gonna get much use out of it in Copenhagen but it's a beauty and a nice piece to have around- goes with the Great White Hunter-esque junk I like.

I like antique Top hats too but not for wearing.

Hats aren't JUST for wearing, they're object d'art- very collectible it seems.

I would say Fedoras, et al for wearing and other interesting pieces for collecting.

B
T

Raffles

New in Town
Veronica Parra said:
If the hat doesn't fit, just change your damn head. ;)

Or wear another hat underneath. More hats = more happy! :)

I must admit though BT I do wear all of my hats wether they are appropriate or not from the pith to the fez there's an occasion for all. I'm just looking forward to winter so I can crack out the old russian fur job!

blackHat.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't going to pass on some vintage 1920s boater hats just because they didn't fit me. They look good on an old hat tree. Same goes for the WWII navy cap and pre-WWII leather flying cap I found at a Salvation Army...both too small, but too cheap to pass up. Same goes for fedoras. I've found plenty that were not my size, but they made for some great gifts to friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo