Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt Roadster pics

braindeath

New in Town
Hi Fedora Lounge people.

This is my first post here. I found this forum to be very helpful in the process to buying a leather jacket. During the construction phase of my jacket I spent many hours browsing here and collect so many information. Especially the pictures of people wearing the jacket were super helpful to me.
Thanks to all who post leather jacket pictures here.:)

I decided to also share some pics and Infos of my jacket. Because I have found not many pics from this model.
It's a Simmons Bilt Roadster size 42" in a (new?) black Italian horse hide. Lining is royal Stewart in cotton.

It is my second "real" leather jacket. I had to sell my brown Aero cafe racer because it became to big due to weight loss of me.

Experience with Simon Bilt were great only point is that you have to be a bit patient, awsering of e-mails some times takes a bit.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing the jacket. What do you guys think about the fit and look of it?

PXL_20231110_112548342~2.jpg

PXL_20231110_112554299~2.jpg

PXL_20231110_112557833~2.jpg

PXL_20231110_112622142~2.jpg
PXL_20231110_112632382~2.jpg

And some more detailed pictures of jacket and leather.

PXL_20231110_124232409~2.jpg

PXL_20231110_124020180~2.jpg

PXL_20231110_124511598.jpg
PXL_20231110_120241171.jpg

I'm really excited how the leather will look after breaking in. But the back looks very promising after just a few hours of wear.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Great first post!
The jacket looks lovely and the fit looks spot on.
Maybe would add 0.25" to body (with these pants) and sleeves, but that is pure nitpicking.
To me it looks as perfect as it can get.
But that's only half of the fit topic.. How does it feel?

I've had great experience with SB communication and poor experience with their delivery.
But I'm still completely convinced that I want to give them another chance.
Don't see where you can get better value if you are located in the UK or if you have a UK proxy.
Might try to order from them again next year, most likely a "Tail gunner".

Really hope you enjoy your jacket and would to see you post here from time to time to show how it develops.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great fit, congrats.

So the current Roadster is very similar to the Tailgunner right? Just with no gussets and American cuffs instead of the zipped cuffs.

braindeath

New in Town
Great first post!

But that's only half of the fit topic.. How does it feel?
Thanks!
Jacket feels great. I wanted to have a snug fit and still be able to breathe when the jacket is zipped up.
Jacket already wears good both ways. And I think it will get even better once the leather is a bit less stiff.
Great fit, congrats.

So the current Roadster is very similar to the Tailgunner right? Just with no gussets and American cuffs instead of the zipped cuffs.
Yes same pattern as the trailgunner, only differences are the details you described. I liked the one line of stiching from the arms over the back on the roadster a bit more. Gives it a very clean look. Both great jackets.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! Suits and fits you to a ‚T‘.

IMO, you did a lot of things right for your first „real“ leather jacket.
- pick black, as everybody absolutely NEEDS a black leather jackets.
- pick a style that’s so versatile that it works with just about any outfit.
- pick a leather that will only look better with extended wear.

Very good value for money with SB too, IMO. Plus, Debs is a pleasure to deal with.

braindeath

New in Town
Looks great! How long did it take from the time you ordered until it was delivered?
It took roughly 3 weeks in my case. However I think it depends a lot oh how busy they are and how your order went. E.g. I made a down payment of 50% many weeks before my final order. So I think once some money has flown to SB there are also some possibilities to squeeze your jacket into production once everything is finalised.

sepa

New in Town
Great pics and posts, thanks forbsharing.
There are already significant creasing in the arms so they shouldn’t shorten more , that’s how I would want it. The rest of the fit is also spot on for me and the leather is very promising.

I own myself a Alexander leather Roadster, it seems the pattern changed quite a bit since. Do you feel the jacket hanging on the neck or resting on your shoulder?

How did the leather selection go? The SB website is very confusing about their selection

zebedee

One Too Many
Yep, about 3-4 weeks seems normal. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Drifter in Blattwerk Mahogany with the pocket flaps curved slightly differently.

SB have somehow nailed the neck-shoulder fit really well. The Klondike I bought in goat is really comfortable.

braindeath

New in Town
Great pics and posts, thanks forbsharing.
There are already significant creasing in the arms so they shouldn’t shorten more , that’s how I would want it. The rest of the fit is also spot on for me and the leather is very promising.

I own myself a Alexander leather Roadster, it seems the pattern changed quite a bit since. Do you feel the jacket hanging on the neck or resting on your shoulder?

How did the leather selection go? The SB website is very confusing about their selection
Hi,
You are right the arms look a little bit shorter on the pictures due to the creasing. For riding they could be to short. For normal waer I like the length also.

The fit of the jacket is very comfortable around the shoulders absolutely no hanging on the neck. Here the SB is much more comfortable then the Aero cafe racer I had before.

You are right the SB homepage is confusing and dose not have a lot of information. Not only for the leather also for the jackets itself. But the communication with SB is very good and Deb can give you lots of information. Not only for the leather but also for the fits and measurements of the jackets.
So in my case I told her what kinds of leather I was looking for and then they sent me samples. After I told them my favourites Deb gave me very detailed informations about the leathers (break in period, weight, how it would wear, etc.) Also they have much more leather then what is shown on the homepage.

braindeath

New in Town
Yep, about 3-4 weeks seems normal. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Drifter in Blattwerk Mahogany with the pocket flaps curved slightly differently.

SB have somehow nailed the neck-shoulder fit really well. The Klondike I bought in goat is really comfortable.
Please share pictures once you have the jacket. Sounds like a really interesting leather colour combination. It's probably not your first jacket. ;-)
Blattwerk was my second favourite leather...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner