Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A ravishing Royal Stetson.

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
About 8 months ago in April a terrible storm passed over My sweet home in Alabama. A ef5 to be a bit more exact, but anyways the horrible tornado side swiped my house( I thank God for that) but took all the power out with it as well. So, since my grandparents moved up to Tennessee about 2 months prior to the horrific event's that happened on that day, we decided that we could seek shelter there for the time being. When we were looking for some fresh clothes I was instructed to look in the closet down stairs and I happened to find an interestingly shaped box.(Cant upload because grandma threw it away ha ha)When I looked inside I found this perfect example of a Royal Stetson(again my opinion may differ from others) sitting in there, it was like she had just bought the thing it looked so beautiful! But I preceded to ask my grandma about it's history and who's hat it was and there is when she told me the story of my great grandpa "Money" S(Couldn't remember the name she gave me) who strangely enough was also was the proud owner of Pearly White(only the people who have been to the "Show us your Guns" forum will understand that. So fast forward about 8 months and Wala, she said to me that she didn't think that it was getting any use out of the closet down stairs and said that I could have it to keep. SCORE! If any of the Stetson fanatics could age this that would be appreciated!
4eb8c7ae.jpg
fc7b046e.jpg
82d83f53.jpg
8c565396.jpg
0fb6e363.jpg

37f877ac.jpg

"Money" Lenny S
bee73cd2.jpg

a28e157d.jpg

There is a little bit of mold I believe but Im not entirely sure.
1cd1e6e0.jpg
The Big Three.

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The liner and sweat put this lid solidly in the 50's, and my best estimate is circa 1954, based in particular on the nature of the leather treatment on the sweat itself (which I have seen tied to several hats that definitively date from that year). You may want to check out the Dating Vintage Stetsons by Liner thread for some more info. ;)

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
The liner and sweat put this lid solidly in the 50's, and my best estimate is circa 1954, based in particular on the nature of the leather treatment on the sweat itself (which I have seen tied to several hats that definitively date from that year). You may want to check out the Dating Vintage Stetsons by Liner thread for some more info. ;)
Thank you for the info!

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
Even better. What model?

It's a 1904 Smith and Wesson 22/32 kit gun that came in different styles and target sights, this one is one of the rare target sites that they made. Later on they would be known for their role in police action though they would be a different caliber, and have different targeting sights. But the neat thing is, is that they could stamp the shield or badge to the side of the gun(if you can see the room on both sides). I know there is a picture showing all of the years and different models that they made. But you can learn more about it and other guns in their catalog.(Found mine at B&N)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot