Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sartorial Question: Do you Fit Hat to Clothes or Other Way 'Round

How do you plan your ensemble?

• I pick my clothes first, then match the hat to the ensemble

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I start with the hat I want to wear then choose the clothes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I don't have enough hats to worry about it

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • My plaid, stingy brim from Target goes with EVERYTHING

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
I work in Washington, where the weather dictates all. It's conservative vintage clothes for the weather, then hat for the clothes. Won't wear the felt when it's 100 with high humidity!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Upon thinkingabout it, I choose both together. An ensemble if you will

Mind you, for work I only have two hats to choose from, though I may wear my Panama when it gets warmer.

Interestingly, for work I would prefer a stingy straw rather than a panama style with a wider brim

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
you're on a roll, michaelshane! don't stop there.
I'm kind of with you there. I just get dressed and throw on whatever hat I'm in the mood for-- it's nice to have some versatile ones-- however I usually check before leaving the house that I don't completely look like a clown, at least by my perception...

mattface

Practically Family
I have two vintage fedoras (black and fawn) that I prefer wearing and a modern grey one that I dislike, but do wear on occasion so I tend to buy my clothing with my vintage lids in mind.

Just curious what is the grey one you don't like? That black one is badass in person!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran